Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you dream about quilts to come? >

Do you dream about quilts to come?

Do you dream about quilts to come?

Old 11-26-2009, 08:17 AM

My quilts are usually from daydreams, rarely do I follow a pattern. I love to make the quilt tops but not as much fun to put them together. Once I do complete it though I enjoy the sight of it. I only quilt the smaller projects, my bigger ones I tie off as this was something my mother and I used to do and for some reason it makes me feel close to her again, (she
passed 20 years ago).
Old 11-26-2009, 08:36 AM

God Bless our Mothers and their legacy to us! Edie
Old 11-26-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
if i didn't dream of quilts to come, the fabric and patterns I will use I would go out of my mind with worry about everyday things in life. Thinking of quilts to come is a great distraction.
I agree, if I didn't have my quilting hobby to take my mind away from issues of the day, news on TV, worry about family/friends' health I would be a puddle of trouble. You can only scrub the kitchen for so long to take your mind off things, fabric and sewing take you to a whole other planet. Maybe that's why we love it so much, it's the only thing we have total control of, the colors, the patterns, etc.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

You are NOT alone. I dream of future quilts ALL THE TIME!!! Maybe that is why I have so many UFO's................
Old 11-27-2009, 04:38 AM

When I have trouble going to sleep I count pieces instead of sheep, and quilting designs and colors and my stash ...... :lol:
Old 11-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Bev

I not only dream of quilts, if not every night, at least once or twice a month, but I am constantly thinking of or planning my next quilt in my mind. When I'm trying to get to sleep I set up a quilt project in my head, and before I realize it I'M off to la-la land. I have mentioned this to others in my bee and a number of them said similar things. I think it's the artistic side of the brain that brings all this about. Maybe artists through the centuries have done this too. I know that there are writers who have dreamed a whole story plot, then woke and wrote it down. Isn't that just about the same thing??
Old 11-29-2009, 05:40 PM

I may go to bed with something on my mind and wake in the middle of the night with the solution...get up and put it together in the am. Works for me!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

Yes...I dream quilts and imagine colours and textures....write it down, sketch and colour...journal....then hopefully create...All these things are keeping my mind active when my body isn't quite up to speed. Day dreaming is getting to be a habit...there I am with a faraway look in my eyes and my husband says...they get done quicker if you actually sit at the machine!
Old 11-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

whether awake or asleep, absolutely I dream of quilts. It's an all the time thing for me. If it's not quilts, it's grandbabies...and that leads to thoughts of being able to teach them to quilt. I would think anybody else was obsessed to think of something so much, but to me it is second nature, and like trupeach said...without it...all the negs of like would creep in. It's my sanctuary! :)
Old 11-30-2009, 05:42 PM

I never quilt dreaming of my next quilt. I'm always eager to finish whatever I'm working on so I can get on to the next project.
I do have a little quirk about my quilting though, since I like to design my own quilts and do so without actual patterns. I have to "build " it in my mind, from beginning to end. My husband gets annoyed at me for not actually starting on a project when I keep telling him, "I'm working on it." You'd think he'd understand....