Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You EPP? let's talk >

Do You EPP? let's talk

Do You EPP? let's talk

Old 06-07-2014, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Default Do You EPP? let's talk

I'm on my second epp quilt. the first was 3/4" hexes done in gfg. it's about 50 x 60 and my kitty owns it now.
I'm on my second it will be hopefully someday a queen. it's still 3/4" hexes one on top of two, all different fabrics. what are you working on and show us all a picture.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

I am working on a queen gfg, and it is taking years. I only work on it in the evenings and have weeks where I don't pick it up....will post some pics - it may get me going again.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

I figured it out, i need 1,000 hrs of work to finish mine to be a queen. it's now about 25" x 25'. wish me luck. I'll try to have a friend post pics on tuesday.

Earthwalker, what size are you making your hexes?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-08-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:55 PM

I am doing one in 3/4 inch hexies also. Mine is the diamond layout. I have more done than shown but haven't taken a picture of all of them yet.
Attached Thumbnails rsz_img_3644.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 09:03 PM

I'm working on Stars in the Garden by Yellow Creek Quilts. 1/2" hexi's and I have 4 done. I'm working on the 5th one. Again a slow process for me as well, but I keep at it and find I'm getting a little faster. I did a small quilt 1 inch hexi's and I really want to hand quilt it, but I need a bit more practice first. Also, I really want to start Lucy Boston though and I picked up from a shop today a kit for Mrs. Hartigan's Stash by Sue Daley. Oh...I say I'm totally addicted.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:01 PM

I am working on a hexie quilt as well. I am making a GFG out of 1 inch hexies using 30's reproduction fabrics. The plan is to make a queen size but we shall see how many years it takes. I was going full steam ahead and was working on it almost everyday, however I have just made a lap quilt on my machine for a gift but will get back to the hexies as soon as I get the binding sewn on the lap quilt. I think I have made about 28 hexie flowers. Will try and post a picture but might be tomorrow before I get it done. Have never posted a picture before but there always has to be a first time!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:58 AM

I'm working on my first ever EPP project at the moment. I'm making flowers using leftover purple and white on white fabrics. I'm making it up as I go along. Originally I had planned to make a simple cushion but apparently I am unable to make anything small and I think it's going to end up being a quilt...not sure what size it will end up. I just know that I'm really enjoying it!
It took me a while to work out how it actually works as I just couldn't get my head around it, but it's so easy! I'm so glad I finally worked it out!
I will try to post some photos of my progress later, I can't seem to post photos using my phone!
Looking forward to seeing everyone else's work :-)
Old 06-08-2014, 04:52 AM

I am currently quilting a queen size which was supposed to be finished last March as a wedding gift for a grandson, but life got in the way, so hopefully it will be finished before their first anniversary! It is one inch hexies, in the diamond layout. I admire those of you who do smaller hexies. I have done a few that I have used to applique on borders, but don't think I'd go smaller than one inch for a full size quilt. You are all more brave than I am!! I want to start another EPP using diamonds to make stars. Would like to fussy cut for that one. Will see.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Wow, I started to try to do 3/4" hex and they were just too small for these old hands. I am working on making four Minnie Mouse pillow squares into a lap quilt for my best friend's niece. Trying to decide how best to trim the squares accurately so they will fit in the quilt layout of 2" finished squares !!
Old 06-08-2014, 06:33 AM

I've never done EPP but just saw a demo of it at my guild and of course now that I've seen it I want to try it. I don't generally get drawn to hand sewing but sewing hexes by machine just looks like a big, non-fun hassle. And I think it'd be nice to have something portable. Seems like a good way to use up scraps, too!