Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever find you want to sew something simple and easy between quilts?

It is nice to get that instant gratification of finishing a small project in almost no time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kamaiarigby View Post
    I make mainly scrap quilts, so between quilts I will make up. 4 or 9 patch blocks, I also sew strips on to telephone book pages trim them up they will come in nice and handy for borders of scrap quilts or cut onto blocks, these are both no brainers, but fill my urge to sew
    Now that is a great idea! A little time when you are doing it, but comes in handy after!

for sure!!! It's the only way I work...lol. I always mix it up with other things like bags, clothes, placemats, mug rugs. I even made a quilted belt out of scraps for one of my kids. Right now I am working on some wonky stars. I made a baby quilt and that wasn't enough. I have another pile of them to make a quilted bag. I think I want to make it a little on the big side so I can bring all my crochet stuff with me to work. It's fun to change it up so your not always doing the same thing.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    Without a doubt. Simple wall hangings, tote bags, wallets, mini quilts, table runners and other gift type items all make their way into my inbetween quilt time.

I also have UFO projects that I move back and forth to and this keeps me interested in each part of a project.

peace
    Tote bags and wallets are easy to you?? They are the death of me! I have taken three purse classes and each time the instructor ends up standing over me, helping me catch up to everyone else. Sometimes she even takes my fabric and does some sewing so the class can be over in time. I just can't get the hang of purses!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    All the time!!!

Then there are the times (like now) that I want to mess with fabric
    but I don't want to really sew either. So I am ironing & folding fabric.

Sometimes. It just all depends what I have that I can make. Around Christmas I made some pajama shorts and a pillowcase for myself, and that was fun since I didn't have a quilt to work on.

Quote Originally Posted by judylg View Post
    Have just finished quilt and before I go on to the next one, going to sew some doll quilts. Anyone breaks and no brainers between quilts?

I do far more other sewing than I do quilting. Today, I showed a neighbor how to make the 5 piece button tissue cover (no button for me) and from beginning to end---------it took 15 minutes. A minute or two of that time was to scratch dog ears.

Also finished up 5 "pants" shopping bags, made up a new recipe for low cal veggie soup and played on the computer way too longl
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Sometimes if things have been stressful at work. I need to come home to a no-brainer project. Or just play with fabric, go thru patterns or just eating chocolate.

String blocks are my mindless pleasure. Love making them and busting some scraps.

I have overlapping projects to avoid having nothing to do when I finish a project. Right now I have a practice sandwich on the frame to try out different quilting designs...the ones by Leah Day are fun to do, flannels sorted out by color since I want to make everyone in the family a new flannel quilt this year, a Quilt of Valor started, three groups of fabrics, each with its own pattern, organized for future projects and lots of neckties washed and pressed for future small wall hangings....guess I better stop there!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast