Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever look at quilts on here and...

just think that you are not really a quilter? Some of them are so beautiful and at times I despair over ever making something that pretty. Especially when I spend a day like yesterday......ripping out seams! I guess i should give myself a break.....I just started quilting last year after all and I have made what I think are some pretty quilts.

You definitely should give yourself a break.

I have been quilting for almost 30 years and to this day I am amazed at the quilts on this board.

I still have to rip out, although sometimes the ripping may be do to the fact many of us are such perfectionist. Whats the saying if you can't notice it on a galloping horse. LOL

My friend and I sometimes call ourselves the Queen of Rip.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Ginnie, YES!! I really don't have nearly as much imagination as I would like. And I know I'm like a lot of others being hyper-critical of my work. The only thing I feel that I do well is hand quilting. It looks pretty good :)

Pam
    I am one that truly admires other's work. I do not have a hard time commiting to work on a quilt, but I have a hard time getting it done, my next project is ALWAYS more exciting than the one I am currently working on.

I do have to say though that I am putting on the top and bottom border of a charity top that I made yesterday. Notice I said top, certainly NOT a quilt, yet, just some scraps sewed together until I get my wide butt into gear to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by ginnie6
    just think that you are not really a quilter? Some of them are so beautiful and at times I despair over ever making something that pretty. Especially when I spend a day like yesterday......ripping out seams! I guess i should give myself a break.....I just started quilting last year after all and I have made what I think are some pretty quilts.
    Yes ... it really makes me nervous ... to send my "blocks" or whatever to other folks as I don't feel I'll ever be up to par ...

No.....This is not a competition...it's supposed to be fun!
    I strive to improve and dream of making that one quilt that wows everyone that sees it, but mainly I do it because I love fabric and all the different things that can be created with it.
    Learn to love the journey :D

Blog Entries
    I see quilts that have tons of work into them and know that I will never make one. I don't have the patience that it takes to put the effort into them and I'm too lazy!
    But I'm a quilter all the same... :)

The lovely thing about this board. Is we are here to support each other.

Remember we all were beginnners at one time.

Blog Entries
    I have days when I wonder if I can make this or that, and I have days I'm amazed at some of the things I have made, so it goes both ways for me! Just wait you will have a day when you look at something and say "wow I made that!" then ya wonder if you can ever do it again, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CraftsByRobin
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnie6
    Yes ... it really makes me nervous ... to send my "blocks" or whatever to other folks as I don't feel I'll ever be up to par ...
    this is the part that scares me the most lol
    im such a newb lol im scared senseless about sending something i make to a "real" quilter lol
    i get paranoid and embarassed til i almost feel bad for the recipient lol
    I know.. no quilt police, and every1 starts as a beginner, but i think it will be a long time before i feel confident enough that i wont feel nothing i make is good enough :D Im working on it though :D

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast