Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever think.....hmmmm...

The book is from '05 so I don't know. I will say I'd have never made with cardboard and scissors. I'd have no patience to deal with the inevitable mistakes I'd make. I would then be forced to take up underwater basketweaving. :lol: :lol:

If it something a little difficult I read directions. If I have done it a 100 times I go with the flow. Takes to long to read,but there I times I should have lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltluvr
    The book is from '05 so I don't know. I will say I'd have never made with cardboard and scissors. I'd have no patience to deal with the inevitable mistakes I'd make. I would then be forced to take up underwater basketweaving. :lol: :lol:
    I DID do underwater basketweaving one day. I was planning on making baskets for everybody for Christmas. It took me 8 hours to make a 4 inch basket. I don't love anyone enough to endure that again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    I DID do underwater basketweaving one day. I was planning on making baskets for everybody for Christmas. It took me 8 hours to make a 4 inch basket. I don't love anyone enough to endure that again!
    quiltluvr, I thought you were teasing (inferring you and the basket would go underwater like a deep sea diver). :P :P . Should I hang up my hat for the night?

Blog Entries
    HA! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    You are hysterical!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    i can't follow my own directions, let alone anybody else's. :lol:
    What she said, lol
    I am BAD at following directions.
    I rarely follow a pattern for this reason!!!

I new about 4 patches - 9 patches other than my mother showing my how to peice a 9 patch, at age 9. I watch Simply Quilts. Online How to Quilt "Penny's" No books No magazine That is a pretty pic, Then I quilt. Oh I do have to show you some of my ufo. I'll start next week. Theresse

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad
    I have a book on over 250 blocks and in their directions each piece is cut out individually and sewn back together. For some patterns that's all well and good, but tell me why would I want to individually piece a 9 patch together instead of sewing strips then cutting??
    Then you have us folk who save every scrap! LOL I piece lots of 9 patches and 4 patches one square at a time from my scrap bins!
    Me too. I prefer doing it that way. I am not crazy about sewing strips together.

Sybil

Some people are process people and some people are product people. I am a hybrid...somedays I am on a mission and use all the shortcuts and somedays I just want to relax and enjoy the trip.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast