Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have that battery operated bias machine??! >

Do you have that battery operated bias machine??!

Do you have that battery operated bias machine??!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Skeat
I tell you what....I was a bias making queen today!! I was so out of control and here's the big helpful hint that was suggested.....starch!!!!!!!!!
And, I pressed open the seams...and, I have miles and miles of bias....thought since I have so much I could tie an end to my mailbox w/a bucket hanging so the mailman can drop my mail in it and let it slide back home:)The starch made such a huuuuge difference in making the bias cooperate like it should!!:)Thank-you!! Was a whole different world at the ironing board today!!:)My applique thanks you....so do my fingertips!!Skeat
That's great! :D Are you using the Clover bias tape maker :?: Because, if you are, I still have no clue about what seam you are pressing open. Or are you using pressing bars? An inquiring mind wants to know......
Old 10-02-2009, 03:19 AM

That's great! :D Are you using the Clover bias tape maker :?: Because, if you are, I still have no clue about what seam you are pressing open. Or are you using pressing bars? An inquiring mind wants to know......[/quote]

I am sewing my bias strips together so I have a never ending strip....the instructions sugg. you to press to one side or open...well, I tried pressing the seam to the side...and, HA! It gets almost stuck in the clover bias maker:)So, pressed them open....pressed the pooh out of them w/starch...strip and seam...and they slid thru like butter!! All even and they look sharp!!And, I run the iron sideways at the edge of my clover bias maker (sounds important to say it that way!LOL)as I am pulling the little bias maker to the left...all is beautiful!! Then I wrapped my bias beautiful strips to some old thread spools and others that were bigger on a small piece of think cardboard....yehaw!!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Oh, duh!, thank you for explaining that! Forgot all about having to join the strips (smacks forehead in amazement). :lol: