Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a sewing machine case on wheels? >

Do you have a sewing machine case on wheels?

Do you have a sewing machine case on wheels?

Old 05-18-2014, 05:30 PM

I have a large rolling serger case that I can put my project, sewing machine & tools in, except for the mat & 24' ruler. It is heavy and difficult to get into my truck. I have figured out that I can put the passenger seat all the way forward and it will sit on the floor behind the seat. My husband reminded me the other day that the back seat can raise up....another duh moment in my life.

Several times I have put the sewing machine behind me on the back floorboard, the serger case on the other side and then put the machine in the case to get it into the building. It is very helpful to keep everything together. The serger case is a soft side so doesn't offer much protection. I would never ship a sewing machine in anything except a Tutto and I don't own one, but wish I did. The sad thing is I don't have an SUV or minivan or Crossover vehicle, so I don't own a vehicle that I can load a Tutto in. My big Brother takes the next to the largest Tutto they make.

I do have a small hard case for a Brother Runway Edition and I almost never use it. No room for any supplies, just the machine and I always have the machine set up ready to use.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 05-18-2014 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:56 PM

Love my Tutto. I got a deal on it as I met someone who had purchased one a size too small for her machine. It is probably a size to large for my Bernina 830 record, but that does mean there is ample space for fabric to cushion it.

Cheers, K
Old 05-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

I have several Tutto cases. I found one in a thrift store with the luggage very cheap. I got one for my birthday several years ago from a friend and I bought one for my FW at a quilt show.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:27 PM

I bought a wheeled tool case from Harbor Freight for $20. Very sturdy and economical.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:42 PM

I have a luggage carrier that I use. I prefer that over a wheeled case specifically for my machine. I can use it for other things and more fits on it than would in a wheeled case for my machine. It does mean that I have to unload things when I get to the car and reload them onto the cart but it also means that I'm not lifting anything heavier than my sewing machine at any one point. I use a bunge cord to hold things in place. I got a nice sturdy one that folds flat. It was cheaper than a case too. I thought about buying a case but really like this arrangement better.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:38 AM

I just got one for my birthday/mother's day. I haven't used it much yet but I have the sewing machine in it and it still has lots of room for other things. I am sure I will love it.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 AM

I purchased a wheeled scrapbooking case and was amazed at how much I could put in it. Of course, the more stuff, the heavier it is; however, I can put my Bernina 240, slant board, iron, Ott light, small fan and a chair cushion. I can sometimes even fit the fabric for a class, too. I bought a wheeled Coleman cooler to carry my Featherweight to class. It has a hard plastic shell inside a soft nylon cover, has an extra zippered pocket in the top and also on the sides. I can fit the FW, accessories pouch, small fan (don't leave home without it!) and small light and fabrics.

I bought a small Tutto for 1/2 price at the last Houston Quilt Festival. It was Sunday afternoon; the dealer only had two left and wanted to get rid of them. It was one of those "I don't really need it, but I'll never get another chance to buy one at that price." kind of deals. It is supposed to fit the Featherweight, case and all, with room to spare for accessories and fabric.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:28 AM

I bought one at Joannes on black friday one year for like $30 or so. It's perfect!!
Old 05-19-2014, 09:01 AM

I have a Tuto Case which I purchased at a Math convention (lol). It was the "craft size" and is perfect for my Brother CS6000i. At the time I couldn't think about why I would want one larger - now I wish I did as my Pfaffs will clearly not fit.

Love it - it has traveled on the plane as luggage (not with the sewing machine obviously) folds for storage and rolls nicely.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:19 AM

Tutto hands down!