Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a sewing machine case on wheels? >

Do you have a sewing machine case on wheels?

Do you have a sewing machine case on wheels?

Old 05-19-2014, 11:59 AM

I have a Tutto for my 'regular' DSM. However as the arthritis has advanced I now use it just for storage and not for travel as it is too heavy and bulky to lift with a DSM in it.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pam B View Post
I have one and I do not care for it at all. I find it awkward and heavy to lift in and out of the back of my SUV. I prefer to just carry my machine in its hard case. However, the only place I take my machine is to the LQS and there is ample parking right by the door into the classroom so I do not have to carry it very far. I guess it just depends on how far you need to carry your machine.
Ditto to all of this! LOL!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:22 AM

Love my tutto. it has lots of storage pockets and I feel that my machine is secure when I travel. It wasn't cheap, but when you consider what the machine costs, and how much it would cost to repair even a small amount of damage, it's worth it.
I can ususally make it from the car, to my sewing destination in just one trip. It has straps that will hold another bag on top.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:39 AM

I have a couple- one made specifically for my machine, and the other for any machine. I have found that the wheels do not hold up the weight after a while. I recommend you find one that the wheels also move independently, too. I go to a lot of classes at my guild, so I wouldn't live without one! I haven't tried the tutto but imagine it's well worth the extra money!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:02 AM

I have two, one for my Janome 11000 (also fits my 6600) and one for my Janome 15000. This is a hard case which zips open in the centre or closer to the top. It came with two extra large carry bags (like over sized gym bags) One has a 5 inch base the other has a 10 inch base. I can fit my 23" cutting mat and 24" ruler into the one with the 5" base. I have only used the case once (last Sat) as the machine sits on my Horn cabinet ready to go as I'm using it most days. The 15000 is heavy on its own but it is easy to move in the case as it has swivel coaster wheels which move in any direction.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
I have several, one for each machine, because the machines are all different sizes. I put the machine in the back seat (buckled in) in the back seat and put the empty case on the other side of the seat . When I get where I'm going, I take out the case and then lift the machine into it. Very little lifting involved that way...
This is such a good idea - why didn't I think of it? I've been looking at wheeled carriers as my Janome is pretty heavy. It has a hard cover that fits over it and is held on by the handle on top of the machine, but I'd really love a wheelie to get it into the place where the guild holds workshops. I tried a dolly type luggage carrier with bungies to hold it on, but got some bad scrapes on my machine cover. My concern is where to store the carrier when not in use.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I bought a wheeled tool case from Harbor Freight for $20. Very sturdy and economical.
I got a wheeled tool case from Home Depot for the small machine I take to class. I paid $50 for it but it is heavy duty with very sturdy wheels. My large machines don't leave home so it works for me. Many of my friends have Tutto's and are very happy with them - they do seem to be easy to move around and they do come in beautiful colors.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I bought a wheeled tool case from Harbor Freight for $20. Very sturdy and economical.
I have to go there today....may have to look for this. Hope that my machine will fit.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:17 AM

Default Sewing machine case

I looked for about a year to find one that was reasonably priced and not ugly.
I lucked out about 3 years ago and found a pretty brown paisley one at Jo Ann's which had been marked down drastically - I got a $79 case for about $30. It has met all my needs nicely.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:30 AM

I, too, have one from JoAnn's. It does the job well. My only wish would be that it did fold down for storage, but actually, I usually keep my old machine in it when I'm not using it, so that is probably a moot point. LOL