Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Do you label your quilts?

Yes you were the chosen one--LOL Pretty town! Any snow up there yet, heard we may be getting some today?

Funny you called me the chosen one considering the Legend of Zelda banner in my signature. lol.

There was talk of a snow storm blowing through, but I have yet to see a single snowflake today. Snowed a little bit yesterday. It all melted by this morning, though.

I label all mine. I type a message then trace it on to quilters muslin and backstitch, then attach to quilt. This one was done in a variegated thread for my first great grandy - who turned out to be a girl. Want to put my name in case one of the other g.grans makes something similar - completely out of the question in this case though.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I try to label all of my quilts. Occasionally one gets by me without a label. I use the printer fabric in my printer. then sew it onto the back of my quilts. I put my name, location, and date the quilt was completed as well as the person for whom it was made if I made it for some one special.

Yep, I do label my quilts. Sometimes I write on a separate piece & sew it on, sometimes I just write directly onto the backing fabric. At the least, I put my name, city, state & date. Other times, I put the quilt name & who it's for & the occasion.
    :D

I printed out a pretty border on the printer fabric and then wrote in the details with a fabric pen. I just looked at it and the border has almost disappeared. It was not exposed to light. It would be a shame if printed details faded from view like this border. This one was done in February 2007.

Blog Entries
    I too add a label. One I made for my son reads.
    For my son (name).
    You've always had my heart.
    This was stitched with
    loving thoughts of you.
    Loveya, Mom
    Xmas 2010
    made by (my name)
    XMAS 2010.
    I printed it on fabric paper from my computer, put it on wonder under and then on the back corner of my quilt. Stitched around it with invisible thread.I also add the name of my quilter Charlene Blaine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
    Funny you called me the chosen one considering the Legend of Zelda banner in my signature. lol.

There was talk of a snow storm blowing through, but I have yet to see a single snowflake today. Snowed a little bit yesterday. It all melted by this morning, though.
    Now I am up in Neillsville and we didn't come to BRF tonight just because of the ice/rain/snow. I headed out, my mom saw that I was really not happy driving in that crud and told me I could turn around. When I tried to turn into a driveway I slid right past it and said ok well maybe we will just use this one up here!! LOL!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3