Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you machine embroider quilt labels? >

Do you machine embroider quilt labels?

Do you machine embroider quilt labels?

Old 11-08-2013, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I use embird and bought some labels from Emblibrary.com. With Embird I bought a few of the fonts, including the redwork ones They can go small enough for labels.[ATTACH=CONFIG]445616[/ATTACH]

and

[ATTACH=CONFIG]445617[/ATTACH]

and

[ATTACH=CONFIG]445618[/ATTACH]

and
[ATTACH=CONFIG]445619[/ATTACH]
I saw this for the first time today. Is it very expensive? From what I saw you just download program to your computer. Is this correct?
Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM

Wow those labels are lovely fustflyingin!

I don't have a 'real' embroidery machine but I am practicing hand embroidery and planning my next quilt to hand-embroider my signature and dedication info "For Ali - UCLA 2014" can't be that hard LOL
Old 11-08-2013, 11:05 AM

Beautiful labels, done very well. I purchased a Bernette Deco 340 last summer, did a little bit, then had to stop for cataract surgery on the first of November. Suddenly everything is bright and white, 20/20 vision I never had in life, slowly its getting better, very hard to wait 'cause I want to try to do something half as nice as displayed here.

QB has a site for the embroidery machines and I have learned a lot from them. In fact, I have learned a lot just from reading the questions and answers on QB and love every minute of it; its priceless as are the people who respond here. I love the "Hatched in Africa" site on internet, as they collected their 'free' embroidery designs for six weeks and sent them to me after the cataract surgery.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by chamby View Post
I saw this for the first time today. Is it very expensive? From what I saw you just download program to your computer. Is this correct?
Do you mean the program Embird? I asked for it for Christmas last year from my DH! You can go to their website and check it out. Just search for embird. Expensive for one person is not for another, so it is difficult to answer your question. I think spending $20 or more/person for a meal out is expensive but people regularly do it, and obviously they think it is worth it. So....
Old 11-08-2013, 01:26 PM

Labeling is something I have been very lacks about -- After seeing all your beautiful labels I'm going to make it a point to label all my quilts and use my embroidery machine. Thanks for showing all the samples!!
Old 11-08-2013, 03:07 PM

I make my own and make some for friends as well. I use Embroidery Works software to add designs and lettering.

Have Fun

T