Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you machine embroider quilt labels?

Do you machine embroider quilt labels?

I have a Brother PE770 and would like to embroider my quilt labels. However, I can't find a font smaller than 1/2 inch and I don't want my labels that big. Can anyone recommend a font that is closer to 1/4" or even smaller? Thanks for the help.
    Shirley in Arizona

Anna Bove has this one: http://www.annaboveembroidery.com/misc.html

Embroidery Designs has several. When you find one you like, click it and it will give you the size. They all vary in size: http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/Fon...roidery%20font

I've ordered from both these sites. If you Goggle Miniature Embroidery Fonts, you will get a bunch of sites that have them. There are some great deals out there!
    Chocolate is the Answer. Who cares what the question is.

i haven't had alot of luck with the small ones. maybe i just need more practice. i also have the pe 770. i've tried making them in designera software.

I am going to keep a close eye on this thread, I've had the same question for a while now. I can't seem to get an answer regarding tiny font letters for quilt labels.

Here are 2 that I did on my Bernina - they were about 1/2". I just kept reducing the regular font until I had the size I wanted.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Karen in CA
    Babylock Ellisimo, Babylock Enlighten Serger, Janome 6600, Janome 760 for travel

I embroidery all my quilt labels and also make some for other folks. I got the frame design from Embroidery Library. My machine has built in fonts, so I usually use those...however you can find lots of fonts at Embroidery Library as well.
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

Thanks for the tips. My machine has built in fonts too, but they are larger than I like. I tried embroidery library, even sent an email last night and got a reply to look at their fonts and the help page. No help there. I'll try the miniature font idea.
    Shirley in Arizona

Love your butterfly label. Where did your designs come from. I have a butterfly quilt waiting for a label.

Blog Entries
    I am new to embroidery. How do you keep your lines even, straight and lined up when using the embroidery machine design your label? I do not have a separate computer program for this. I also have a brother embroidery only machine that does the 4x4 only. I sure could use a lot of help. I purchased the machine just for quilt labels.
    Charlene

I use embird and bought some labels from Emblibrary.com. With Embird I bought a few of the fonts, including the redwork ones They can go small enough for labels.Name:  julia's label.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  180.8 KB

and

Name:  label one martens.JPG
Views: 442
Size:  198.8 KB

and

Name:  label 3 j and j.JPG
Views: 430
Size:  177.0 KB

and
    Name:  label 2 lydia.JPG