Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you make quilted items for kitchen? potholders, oven mitts etc. Let's Chit Chat!

Blog Entries
    Do you make quilted items for kitchen?

potholders, oven mitts, casserole covers, appliance covers, placemats, coasters, etc.

Let's Chit Chat!

Blog Entries
    I am making some John Deere placemats, potholders and coasters to match. They have been fun to make and very easy!

Blog Entries
    I have also made a quilted round casserole carrier! My mom brought it home from her friend that lives in Canada and I figured out the pattern all by myself! so cute

Blog Entries
    I have not made any but I thinking about embroidery on Kitchen towel making matching pot holder for Christmas. How about you craftybear making a totorial on pot holder you are making. When I was a little girl :lol: My mother have dish towel with the day of the week and one day was for ironing, washing, dishes, ect. Do you know where I could find this to embroidery for my sisters?

I make a lot of place mat and napkins sest for all the different seasons. it's a nice change to work on something small and they make great gifts!

I made a stack of about 40 potholders one year for Christmas. MIL has mentioned here lately that she's about ready for new ones.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    For Christmas everyone I know got new pot holders that I made. Coordinated with their kitchens.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    I have also made a quilted round casserole carrier! My mom brought it home from her friend that lives in Canada and I figured out the pattern all by myself! so cute
    i made one too!

i have made coasters,napkins as gifts. also oven mitts.
    i need to make a cover for my printer,scanner,it is in the kitchen..(wireless)

Carrier
    Name:  Attachment-86616.jpe
Views: 132
Size:  48.0 KB

dinner napkins
    Name:  Attachment-86617.jpe
Views: 147
Size:  51.8 KB

flip flop coasters
    Name:  Attachment-86618.jpe
Views: 149
Size:  54.6 KB

oven mitt
    Name:  Attachment-86619.jpe
Views: 151
Size:  53.1 KB

Manly apron
    Name:  Attachment-86621.jpe
Views: 143
Size:  70.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
    I have not made any but I thinking about embroidery on Kitchen towel making matching pot holder for Christmas. How about you craftybear making a totorial on pot holder you are making. When I was a little girl :lol: My mother have dish towel with the day of the week and one day was for ironing, washing, dishes, ect. Do you know where I could find this to embroidery for my sisters?
    I have some of these patterns. They are the Aunt Martha transfers, and I know I have seen them at Hancock's as well as Hobby Lobby. They have lots of different and really cute ones. I think you might also be able to find some online that you can download and trace with a hot iron transfer pencil and then Iron them onto your dishtowels.

I have been making hot pads, oven mitts, and table runners for weddings. I don't have any pictures to post, because my camera isn't working. I will have to have one of my daughters take pictures for me so I can post some. May be making some for Christmas presents this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast