Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you own a long arm?

Blog Entries
    I went to the Springfield, MO quilt show yesterday and saw a new Gammill for $30,000 - GULP
    Nikki in MO

I have a Queen Quilter 18, which is apparently a sister to the Tin Lizzie. It didn't come with very good instructions, so I've had to do a lot of research on my own to learn how to thread it, oil it, and use it! I've only had mine for a few months, so I'm probably not the most knowledgable one to give advice. I would never buy one without the stitch regulator. It is nice to have a uniform stitch no matter how fast or slow I go.

My frame is the Gracie whatever wood frame. That was a bugger to assemble. Directions were awful. We had figured it would only take about 2 hours to build. Nope. Took us 8 hours! My husband is an Electrical Engineer and pretty good at building things, but this was not a fun project. I would not buy this frame again.

I have a Nolting also. I really connected with the salespeople and the machine at a show a few years ago. I have no complaints and love my machine. I guess you would call mine a mid-arm though, the Fun-Quilter with a 15 foot frame. No nonsense, stitch-regulated, hand-guided.

I have an APQS Millenium with 14' frame and Intelliquilter. I like the company and only have 1 type of thread it doesn't like...Superior's King Tut. Intelliquilter has the most features for modifying designs to suit your needs IMHO.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I wish I did
    Mean people are really just sad people. They hurt others because they are hurting. Every person is born beautiful, and much of the ugliness in others was put inside of them by other hurting people.

Bryant McGill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2