Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you own a long arm?

Blog Entries
    I went to the Springfield, MO quilt show yesterday and saw a new Gammill for $30,000 - GULP
    Nikki in MO

I have a Queen Quilter 18, which is apparently a sister to the Tin Lizzie. It didn't come with very good instructions, so I've had to do a lot of research on my own to learn how to thread it, oil it, and use it! I've only had mine for a few months, so I'm probably not the most knowledgable one to give advice. I would never buy one without the stitch regulator. It is nice to have a uniform stitch no matter how fast or slow I go.

My frame is the Gracie whatever wood frame. That was a bugger to assemble. Directions were awful. We had figured it would only take about 2 hours to build. Nope. Took us 8 hours! My husband is an Electrical Engineer and pretty good at building things, but this was not a fun project. I would not buy this frame again.

I have a Nolting also. I really connected with the salespeople and the machine at a show a few years ago. I have no complaints and love my machine. I guess you would call mine a mid-arm though, the Fun-Quilter with a 15 foot frame. No nonsense, stitch-regulated, hand-guided.

I have an APQS Millenium with 14' frame and Intelliquilter. I like the company and only have 1 type of thread it doesn't like...Superior's King Tut. Intelliquilter has the most features for modifying designs to suit your needs IMHO.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I wish I did
    I am definately happy and very fulfilled when I am quilting, buying material or reading other quilter's messages on this quilting board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2