Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do You Recognize This Pattern >

Do You Recognize This Pattern

Do You Recognize This Pattern

Old 11-15-2017, 07:05 AM

Default Do You Recognize This Pattern

I've been searching and searching for a table topper I saw a couple of months ago. No luck and thought someone here might know where to find it.

I'm wondering if this might have been a pattern in a magazine or perhaps even a stand alone pattern. This is the link to the website "Quilts By Me" where quilters showcase their quilt projects. The link should take you to the pattern of a scrappy pumpkin table topper. If you don't like to click on links, if you Google to the website this table topper is on page 21 give or take a page or two, as projects are added the pages change. It is a scrappy pumpkin table topper by Brendah.

https://quiltsby.me/projects/BrendaH/fall-table-runner

I really enjoy the website Quilts By Me, if you haven't heard of it, there is an array of quilts submitted by quilters to just showcase what they've been working on. Just wish there was a way to communicate with the quilters or they'd share if it is a creation of their own or tell what pattern they used.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:17 AM

It looks like it is her own pattern, but the site is sponsored by MSQC, maybe e-mail them and see if they can help.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:15 AM

That pumpkin pattern would be real easy to put on graph paper and make your own pattern and just add leaves. I think I have a pattern for a somewhat close to that pumpkin. I will look for it and get back to you.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:43 AM

Thank you Sue and Jordan, I thought the pumpkins would be easy to graph, along with leaves, stem appliques, where my brain freezes is with placing the pumpkins and surrounding stripes/strips and the inner block...in other words a pattern. I'm very visually challenged and pattern dependent. I just cannot get this pattern out of my head.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:01 AM

That is a nice pattern.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

Love this quilt! I would return to the "Quilts by Me" website. At the bottom of the page there is a 'contact us' hotspot. Send MSQC a note and ask if there is a way to contact the person who posted the image.
Don't know if this helps, but when I'm trying to draft a pattern, I look for sizing clues and make some assumptions.
My main assumption is that the patches or blocks finish at a 'normal' measurement, like at a half inch or an inch measurement.
If you look at the picture & assume the binding is 1/4", then all the border strips finish at 1". This makes the pumpkins about 4.5" tall, add an inch for the stem and an additional half inch of cream for the separation and you have a 6" finished block. These look square to me.
This makes the center square finish at 12", so the center cream square finishes at 6".

Last edited by PaperPrincess; 11-15-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:13 PM

This one is a similar look.

http://www.craftown.com/Li-bs--sq-l-...le-Topper.html
Old 11-15-2017, 01:14 PM

Well Jordan you had the very Terrific advice to contact Missouri Star Quilt for more information about the table topper! First I didn't realize that Quilts by Me was part of Missouri Star, a wonderful customer service representative at MSQ walked me through a search on the forums and Viola! BrendaH had posted within the forum the table topper and where she obtained the pattern and indeed it was from a magazine.

If anyone else would like the pattern it was in the Quilters World Autumn 2016 magazine which I was able to purchase online for immediate download!

I know it's been said many, many times that Quilting Board is a such a wonderful sharing forum. Thank-you again for helping me.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-16-2017 at 04:18 AM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 11-15-2017, 01:18 PM

Yay Success!

Here is one more that I just found...

https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/10...n-quilt-block/
Old 11-15-2017, 02:03 PM

I had fun drawing it out in EQ7. I am interested in what the final table topper size is per the pattern. With a 12 inch center square, my quilt came out to be a finished 28x28 without binding.

Edited to add: Upon closer inspection of the quilt, I realize that the pumpkins may be a bit taller than I designed them. I'll have to work on that.
Attached Thumbnails fall-table-topper-12-inch-ctr-28x28.jpg  

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 11-15-2017 at 02:05 PM.