Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you shop at  Connecting Threads? >

Do you shop at Connecting Threads?

Do you shop at Connecting Threads?

Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 PM

I love their fabric and thread! There prices are lower because there's no middle-man. No stores...etc... I would buy their fabric over Joann's or Walmart any day of the week. Just MHO
Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 AM

I had order about 4 kits from them. I don't think that their fabric is not good. Their thread creates a lot of lint for me but I do use it but haven't order any in about 1 year. and yes I have use a spool or two that has not created any lint. Weird!
Thought it was a good deal at the time and got a lot of it.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 AM

I hadn't shopped at Connecting Threads since I first began quilting back in the 90's, but I got a gift certificate there today and went shopping. I found myself very frustrated with what looks like a primitive website -- I couldn't see large images of the fabrics, I couldn't get to my design wall after putting some stuff there, and when I put in my gift card and charge card to cover the balance it never let me see whether it all worked! To say nothing of how, every time I put something in my cart, it went back to the beginning of the selection, not to where I was in it all. Now I have to wait an hour to find out whether it used my gift card correctly. Not a big fan so far!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 AM

I have bought their thread, fabric and kits from them and been very pleased with everything. In their kits they give you more than enough fabric. The last two kits were for tablerunners and I had enough fabric to do two tablerunners with each kit.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:49 PM

I have used their fabrics and I have had no problems with the sewing process, washing or drying. Don't know why their prices are lower, maybe they buy in bulk??? I have not used their machine quilting threads but an instructor I know has and she really likes them.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM

I order from them quite often and I am very picky with my fabric. I have never had any issues of any kind.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 PM

I ordered some plain colored cotton yardage and it was excellent. The weight was right up there and no bleeding on the darks. Not too crazy about some of the prints but I did order a bunch of greens from a recent line and they were very nice. Cant beat the batting prices when they have a sale. Free shipping on 50.00. Good deal
Old 10-17-2012, 06:19 PM

I've been buying their threads for years, love the variety of colors and its good quality too. I've bought some of the fabrics and its nice too. I really like the batik fabrics too. I have quite a few of the regular size cotton spools and several of the cotton cones, all of my machines sew just fine with it.
Sharon