Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Do you square up these blocks????

Do you square up these blocks????

I'm making the quilt called summer in the park. I have all the blocks cut out but was wondering if you had to square up the blocks before sewing them together...

I looked on here and many have made this quilt but could not find any info on to square or not...thank you

I have much better results since I've been squaring up my blocks. Just be sure you don't take off too much. Usually a sliver trim is all that's needed for me. It sure helps things go together a lot easier.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    you always sq up your blocks...saves headaches/heartaches later on!

Agree with Jacquie ... square em up!

I also attach a post it note to a block if I find that it is a tad short (less than 1/4") - I'll put a post it on the side that should be "compensated". That way when it comes time to put the blocks together I know that this one is going to be shy of the intended size and I can compensate for it when I join them together. I can't leave these things to memory!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Thanks everyone , I will square up the blocks as I don't want any trouble with then later...

I would think they would tell you that on the video but then maybe they just think everyone would know to do this...as most blocks are squared up before there put together..
    Thnaks everyone

i always square up my blocks as i go along- it makes construction go so much smoother when everything is trimmed, squared- nice & neat
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    the times that I skip squaring up my blocks, I have sooo much trouble... is better to make sure they are square
    I quilt for my sanity!