Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you...........

I usually have 2 or 3 at one time. they are in different stages.

Somedays I am "in the mood" to sit at my machine. Other days, I like to do applique or draft patterns. More often than not, I need to put projects aside for a few days, then return to them to figure them out.

Needlesstosay, I have many projects in various stages--I like to think of it as...inspirational creativity. How's that for a good excuse? :wink:

I tend to get bored if I just work on one at a time so I usually have several "in the works" and lots of others that I dream about, have patterns for, etc.

Wow I think I am the exception. I only do one project at a time, and I don't buy fabric until I am ready to do a quilt - I know I am not a typical quilter.

I try to finish one at a time but that doesn't always happen. Sometimes I get overly excited and start another before I'm finished.

I find that it is SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun to start a new project.....so, I start lots! :lol:

Oh yes, I really do finish most of them.....eventually.

Phyllis

Blog Entries
    Well ..... if we start counting UFO's (Un-Finished Objects) and PIGS (Projects In Grocery Sacks) .... that I AM going to get to. Then there are the ones that need just a little more attention. Okay if I did the count right, oh I am working on about 10 - 12 quilts. :oops: I won't count the ones that I have the fabric 'earmarked' for a certian project. :? AND I won't count the one that are in my head that are on the TO-DO list. :wink:

Here lately I have been having 1 top but a second one that need quilting.

bj
    I try to finish one project before I start another one. Am always planning and getting fabric, but once I cut it out, I try to finish before I move on to the next project...probably because mine are all projects with deadlines..the baby will be born, the birthday's coming up, or Christmas. I also know myself well enough to know that if I let too much accumulate I get too overwhelmed and don't do anything. I'm doing a BOM club here that is making me a little crazy. The minute I get home with the stuff for the new block, I make it and get it out of the way, but then I fret all month because that's all I can do until the next meeting.

I used to be an exception too. With so many kids at home and they keep me so busy I can only work on one project at a time. I don't buy but just enough to make the project plus a tad more for when I miscut (notice, that is not an if I mess up, but a when I mess up). I have no stash, though I did get a nice piece in the mail for my birthday.

I am, for the very first time, working on 2 projects at once. I have a top I'm making for my Army-stepson that just wen to Iraq. I'm also doing my first Mystery quilt. Since the pieces only come out once every 2 weeks, I have time to get them done and then too much time on my hands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast