Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do you........... >
  • Do you...........

• Do you...........

Old 07-11-2008, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SuzyM
    Wow I think I am the exception. I only do one project at a time, and I don't buy fabric until I am ready to do a quilt - I know I am not a typical quilter.
    Suzy, you need a bigger stash. One to dig through, to dream about, to set aside projects, etc. Just take the plunge girl, we're there to support you!
    Old 07-11-2008, 07:09 PM

I have one project going, but I have a few others in the planning stages.

SuzyM---You're not the only one. I typically don't get fabric until I'm ready to do a quilt.
    Old 07-11-2008, 07:20 PM

I usually get the free WalMart quilt of the month pattern as soon as it hits the store so I have several quilts to piece but I still gotta finish piecing one before I start sewing another. I wish there was a site to view and print the pattern from WalMart because there are times when I go to pick up the pattern and they are out of them.
    Old 07-12-2008, 02:38 PM

I typically have one quilt in progress at a time . . .but I always buy fabric as the mood strikes me and there may (or may not) be another quilt percolating in my tiny little mind.

Having a stash makes it easy to take a break between big projects to do a bag or a pillow or whatever; and I am generally a scrappy quilter so I can usually just pick through that stash. I may have to go buy a few yards of some sort of "hold-it-all-together" fabric.

I used to start all kinds of craft projects and leave them half-way through - when I started quilting I promised myself to see it through to the end every time. So far, so good :lol:

Old 07-12-2008, 04:33 PM

I might have several in the planning stage - I bought the fabric and I know what I want to do with it. But once I start on a particular quilt, I can't seem to start anything else until I finish it. I do all my own quilting so I really mean finished, right down to the binding. Unless, of course, it's turning out really ugly then I'll put it away for years until I change my mind about it. I guess it goes with my personality. If my points aren't exactly perfect I have to tear them out and redo them.