Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you use PaintStiks? >

Do you use PaintStiks?

Do you use PaintStiks?

Old 06-02-2011, 03:04 PM

I recently started using Shiva PaintStiks to paint my fabric for a quilt. I've been using black Kona Cotton.

My question is: Does anyone else use the PaintStiks? What kind of fabric and what color of fabric have you tried them on? Do you use the irresident or the regular paint?

I've purchased the PaintStiks at a great price for $5.33 each. I've gone to craft stores to pick up general stencils to use because they want a fortune for the one's they sell.

I had my Grandson's make Mother's Day pictures for their Mom's and then framed them for hanging. It was a great experience.

I've purchased the brush cleaner, but it really doesn't tell you on the bottle how to use it. I read somewhere on line that after trying to make sure that all of the paint is out, your supposed to rinse the brush. (I don't know, haven't tried it, and it doesn't say a thing about rinsing the brush after using the cleaner.)

Any knowledge on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cheryl
Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 PM

I've used them in two Jackie Paton classes. She uses murphy oil soap on her brushes - put some in a little cap and swishes a lot if I remember right. We used cream or white Kona that was prewashed in hot water and dried in a dryer. I bought my own set but have not used them yet.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:06 PM

I bought a few and used them to shade butterfly wings on muslin. Worked fine. They are quite costly in Canada, $8-9 if I remember correctly.