Old 08-04-2011, 05:20 PM

Here are a few of mine.

Cats Bow Tuck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236654[/ATTACH]

Army Bow Tuck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236655[/ATTACH]

JD Bow tuck
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236656[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236648.jpe   attachment-236649.jpe   attachment-236650.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 05:26 PM

Wow! Thanks everyone.

Katfish, your third bag, you made longer handles? I was thinking about doubling the length of the handles for mine too!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

I use mine all the timme, but I don't like the button and loop.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:53 PM

I purchased my first one from a quilting guild...it is a tote and have used it lots...made one over a year ago and decided after I had it made that I really wanted a more secure closure...but, what? So it sits here.

You will enjoy your tote/purse so much...each is unique and fun as you have noticed from the ones posted.

Hoping to pick up a suggestion or two on the closures used.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:55 PM

I make them by the season --- a fall one, a Christmas one and a spring one. Didn't have time to make a summer one.....and I use them ALL the time (in season) :mrgreen: I didn't put in a zipper and nothing falls out. I used deco-bond which makes them "sit up" and I make sure they're sitting right so they don't fall over. :thumbup:
Old 08-04-2011, 05:57 PM

i use magnetic snaps in mine and no the items do not fall out.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:18 PM

I use mine every day - no problems with stuff falling out - but I do have a problem keeeping the stiff bottom in - I use foam core board then cover it with fabric - shove into the bottom - usually pretty tight - but I have a problem with change and loose stuff getting under the board - then pretty soon the board is at the top of the bag - I was thinking of using velcro to attach to the bottom - but curious if others have this problem....
Old 08-04-2011, 06:35 PM

I am in the process of making my first one. I put a zipper in but now that I look at picture and think about it I don't know how that will work since the ends get tucked in with the bows and my zipper goes from end to end. Hmmmmm I'm also having problems with the straps. Someone on here said how well it worked to use the no-roll waistband elastic in your straps. Well, it looked fine on the top but when I turned it over the elastic had pulled through the fabric and the thread is all messed up. So then I tried just making it with batting inside. The fabric started getting pushed up so I used my walking foot. It made teeny tiny stitches so I quit. People on here whip them out one after another and I can't even get one made!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis
I use mine every day - no problems with stuff falling out - but I do have a problem keeeping the stiff bottom in - I use foam core board then cover it with fabric - shove into the bottom - usually pretty tight - but I have a problem with change and loose stuff getting under the board - then pretty soon the board is at the top of the bag - I was thinking of using velcro to attach to the bottom - but curious if others have this problem....
I had that problem too. I use the plastic canvas or a plastic cutting mat and I place in between the lining and outside bag and then sew the hole shut so there is nothing for my change, keys, ect to get stuck under. I have even washed mine and the plastice canvas holds up really well in the washer & dryer.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis
Just an FYI, if you will put the bottom 'board' in between the lining and bag, maybe using a bit of glue, it will stay in place...Mine has worked fine that way.. If you plan on washing it a lot, you mite use small button type velcro on ea corner and then can remove it.