Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: do your kids sew/quilt?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am not sure why, but I taught all of my kids, my boys and my step daughter to sew. Youngest son went on to take 2 years of home ec and loves to sew! Daughter still sews and quilts. Even my Dh will sew and wants to make his own quilt!

So, what about your family?

both of my boys sewing a few years ago
    Name:  Attachment-140917.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  75.6 KB

oldest sewing on a quilt he donated for his DC Closeup group to raffle for their trip money
    Name:  Attachment-140918.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  74.4 KB

notice the vintage White machine we called ithe BUICK because it was built like one! daughter making her first quilt for her grandpa
    Name:  Attachment-140919.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  75.2 KB

the kids with their veteran quilts
    Name:  Attachment-141061.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  55.8 KB

I think that is wonderful! You must be very patient. My DD tried to sew/quilt several times and did finally finish a wall hanging for me which is hanging in my sewing room. She is great at XStitch and does beautiful scrapbooking. Have to always laugh at the basket of mending waiting for me when we visit them!

My daughter, who is in the Army and stationed in Seoul, Korea, is an avid quilter and my husband has a Sailrite sewing machine that he makes sails and ditty bags for his boat on. My mother sewed and quilted all of her 93 years and made each of us and her grandchildren a quilt completely by hand - piecing, sewing, cutting out, everything. No modern tools.

Both my daughters sew.
    My oldest, Niki has her own business called Dreams 2 Seams.
    She is on Facebook with that name.
    She has pictures of her creations.
    Her talent far surpasses mine.

Blessings,
    Sandi

Blog Entries
    Awesome! I like your kids projects. My daughter likes to design and sew some of her clothes. My son only like to treadle my vintage machines while reading his books.

Thanks for sharing!

Whatba nice story. My oldest just started to show an interest, and my youngest one is into sewing squares together.

Blog Entries
    Both of my sons know their way around a sewing machine, but they aren't into quilting.

My Boys really aren't into it yet, I'm holding hope. I always get a good laugh out of the fact that my brother would mend socks on my mom's sewing machine.

Blog Entries
    My DH isn't even slightly interested! My 5 yr. old on the other hand likes to help as much as he can, and even sews a little bit. I'm hoping it sticks :)

Both my boys, 8 & 10, are learning to sew. Don't want all my great machines, Aurufil collection, and fabric stash to end up at Goodwill, or worse, in the trash! Older son likes hand sewing, sashiko, and vintage machines, but younger son is all about the high tech machine features.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast