Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: does the accuquilt studio com with dies?

Blog Entries
    http://www.accuquilt.com/Studio-Fabr...ter-P3008.aspx

For those that bought the Studio...did it come with a die?

No. Dies are sold separately.

Blog Entries
    OMG! I had no idea this machine was out there. Wish I had the money for that! Very kewl!

I'm very curious about this item. My sister just purchased one, although I haven't a clue WHICH one, haven't heard from her since she brought it home.

Anyone else have any experience with this? Seems to me that it could be pretty darn expensive if you bought a bunch of dies. Is it worth it?

It is expensive, I try and buy my dies whenever they are on sale, but this baby is worth its weight in gold! In my opinion, this is much like going from hand piecing to machine piecing... rotary cutting to die cutting is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by cjtinkle
    It is expensive, I try and buy my dies whenever they are on sale, but this baby is worth its weight in gold! In my opinion, this is much like going from hand piecing to machine piecing... rotary cutting to die cutting is simply amazing.
    I'm so interested in your experience with this. What kind of dies do you have, or recommend a new purchaser would or should have? I guess I just can't figure out how this would work. You must have to stick to a rather basic design at first??? depending on the number of dies you have/don't have.

When I bought mine, I purchased the Studio with the strip bundle, then as I could, I added the rest of the strip sizes, so I have them all.

Next I added the 8, 10 &12 inch block sets, which covers darn near anything.

Then I added all the half square triangle sets, and finally, the plain block sets.

From that point, I've just added specialty dies as desired. There isn't much of anything I can't cut now.

Quote Originally Posted by gingerella
    I'm so interested in your experience with this. What kind of dies do you have, or recommend a new purchaser would or should have? I guess I just can't figure out how this would work. You must have to stick to a rather basic design at first??? depending on the number of dies you have/don't have.

Blog Entries
    I bought one yesterday...and used it today...AWESOME!!! Very, very little waste...I also just cut up one of my huge bags of scrap!!! I can not get over how wonderful it is!!! I picked it up or 224.95 at sew in vac..they gave me a wonderful deal. They also gave me 15% off all dies. I bought the 6 1/2 inch square. I use that first then any scraps I use the starter die for the small square. Totally worth the money You will LOVE IT!

Hmmm. You can't get the Studio unless it's from Accuquilt. ????

Blog Entries
    Get the Go...it folds up, works great! you can carry it easily...totally worth the money. Just think how many times you have to change a rotary blade. I just cut up an entire bag of my scraps...Woohoo....I also cut up a bunch of 6 1/2 inch squares in seconds...it does not use power...just your hand and arm. Put it on your Christmas list...I am asking for dies for Christmas. I want the strip dies. No more gifts that get put away...telling my kids and hubby...dies please!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast