Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does any one use the die cutters?..Are they easy on the back?

Hello, this is the first time I've posted.....although I've been around for awhile...LOVE all the quilts....I grew up on my grandmother's lap at the sewing machine.....don't think I ever really left...anyway.. I have a question, I've heard that the die cutters are a little easier to work with, as apposed to the rotary cutter if you have back problems...I'm getting ready to have my 3rd back surgery soon...and as much sewing that I do....I wonder if I'll make a difference. (I work on quilts every day) And of course when I bring it up to the hubby it'll be for medicinal reasons, right? LOL anyone see any used machine?

Blog Entries
    I have the accucut studio, and I would say that the table height is going to make a big difference for you. I would see if you could try one out at a LQS. Many have Go or studio cutters. I love mine, had it for about 10 years.

I have the Go cutter and love it. You can put it on any table and if you have one short enough you can sit while you use it. It is very easy to use.

I have the Studio, wouldn't quilt without it!

I have the GO and I really like it.

What's the difference between the Go and Studio?.. just the size? and is it worth waiting to buy the larger one? thanks for getting back to me..

Quote Originally Posted by leedles
    What's the difference between the Go and Studio?.. just the size? and is it worth waiting to buy the larger one? thanks for getting back to me..
    I have the studio. It's bigger and stays stationary. Go is portable but less dies available. Good luck with your choice.