Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody feel like this ever

Does anyone feel when they finish a quilt top that they feel good about it, and then they also feel not so good about how it turned out

Blog Entries
    You're probably just tired of looking at it. I think if you will feel better about it if you put it away for awhile.

Blog Entries
    At first I pick my work apart but over time I grow to love my quilts, warts and all!:)

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    At first I pick my work apart but over time I grow to love my quilts, warts and all!:)
    Ditto :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I think itís from looking so closely at every little detail close up for a long time. After I wash them whatever may be bothering me about a quilt looks better. Guess the saying is true it all comes out in the wash :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    I think itís from looking so closely at every little detail close up for a long time. After I wash them whatever may be bothering me about a quilt looks better. Guess the saying is true it all comes out in the wash :-P
    I like that attitude!!! :-P :-P :-P

You are your own worst critic. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you see things in the quilt you just finished and are not praticularly pleased, just remember it and in the next quilt make adjustments. I think each quilt is special in it's own way plus we learn from every one we make.
    Just be happy that you finished it! Goodness, I have so many UFQ that even if I wasn't that happy with the out come of it at least it would be done. LOL

I am usually happy to get it done. I have never disliked a quilt I made. I stress over them too much before I start.

I think we all tend to pick apart our own work. It's the perfectionist in us. All I have to do to get over it is show it to a few of my non quilter friends who gush over the workmanship and I'm all better.

:-)

how I felt when I started, I was not sure if I was going to like it, but, after getting it done and looking at it, it turned out better then I expected and I am quite proud of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast