Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody have a Brother 1500?

Quote Originally Posted by DebbyT View Post
    I just checked the parts with mine and the book shows the knee lift but it appears that the dealer did not include it. I bought the floor model and did not realize until now that it was an option. I will be calling the dealer. - Thanks for the heads up.
    The knee lift is stored under the extension table.
    Never outsmart your common sense.

Karen

Blog Entries
    I also have the Brother PQ1500, mine also has the knee lifter, and the auto thread cutter. As an aside, got it from Allbrands, best price I found at the time. I also got excellent customer service from them. I love the machine, so far have not had any problems with it. I just got a Grace frame to use with it, dh has the frame all together, but I haven't tried it out together yet...I think I am overwhelmed with actually putting a quilt on the frame and giving it a go...lol... Good luck with your new buy, whatever you choose...just have to "throw my hat in the ring" with good things about the 1500!
    Regards,
    Kif
    Janome Horizon 7700, Juki HZL-400, Brother PQ-1500, Brother PC-420, Singer 66 treadle in original cabinet (inherited from my great grandma, she also had an electric motor added to the 66), Singer Featherweight 221, Singer Featherweight 221-K, Singer 301 in original blonde cabinet, Minnesota Rotary in original cabinet, Brother XL-2600i

In the garden of life everyone has a row to hoe, some people just have more weeds...

Always do right, it will gratify some and astonish the rest...Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Of all the machines I own, my favorite is the 1500! I also have a Janome 1600DB, which is essentially the same machine, but for some reason I like the 1500 better. I put the Janome on a New Joy frame and use the Brother as my piecing "daily driver".

Blog Entries
    I have the 1500. The only problem I have had is when using the tread cutter the needle would come unthreaded. It was frustrating. The dealer couldn't tell me why, she just kept wanting me to have a new thread cutter put in. Some one here told me to not thread through all the three holes of the thread guide on top. I thread through just one hole and that stopped the unthreading. One more thing, I haven 't figured out the color pressure guide or the pin feed. The dealer told me to keep it in the pin feed for all sewing.
    Got fabric?

Thanks for all the input. I see a Brother in my future. When I had my embroidery business I had 24 heads of Brother equipment and I loved my Brothers so I guess I need another kind of Brother. I want to use it to piece and put my Bernina 440 on a frame. Now does anybody have a Bernina 440 on a Frame???

Love mine to pieces! Got it last summer, then found a table on ebay for $12.00..the knee lift fits underneath. Like another tho, I just wish it had a drop in bobbin. Guess we can't have everything we want.

I have the Baby Lock Jane which is the same machine. Its set up on a long arm frame (Imperial).
    I dont like it at all. Not simple to thread and hate the under the machine bobbin with case.
    It was a bad investment and I do not recommend a domestic machine on a frame. Im constantley running back and forth around the frame just to lift the needle. Cant even pull the bobbin thread up.
    I just bought a Brother light weight XL2600 for $80 and love this little machine. I can take it to meetings and it even has some fancy stitches and a drop in bobbin.
    Love my Viking Shapphire the most though.

The Brother 1500 is one terrific machine!! I use it now solely for FMQ and love it. It also is good for straight seams. I don't think you would be disappointed.

My Daughter has the Bother 1500 and loves it. I have a Juki TL98QE and a Babylock Jane and love them both, All are about the same as the Brother 1500. It is much cheaper than a machine designed to be used on a frame. I think you will be highly impressed with it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by cizzors View Post
    The knee lift is stored under the extension table.
    I checked the extension table and it was empty. It was still in the plastic bag without the knee lift. I called the dealer today and it is on the way. I did an inventory of parts and one other was missing and it will also be sent. I bought this machine over a year ago and the dealer went the extra mile to assist, no charge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast