Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone barter with their sewing skills?

I have traded my sewing and quilting for baked goods, flower arrangements and haircuts. Anyone else?

I do this all the time. How else can we get by with the rising cost of everything.

Mending gets me a good lunch.

yes, but it's not usually an official or timely barter. I give a lot of things away, and people think fondly of me and give me things back.

I find that official barters are kind of tricky. Some times people don't feel like it's a fair trade.

I loathe and detest binding. So I trade longarm quilting with the woman who binds for me.

We trade by monetary value-- I figure what it would cost to quilt her quilts, and she figures what she would charge to bind mine, and we have a running total.

Depending on how fancy and dense she wants the quilting, it usually works out to about 4 quilts bound for every 1 quilted.

We are both really happy with this arrangement. She gets her quilts quilted; I get my quilts bound. WIN-WIN!!!

perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
    I loathe and detest binding. So I trade longarm quilting with the woman who binds for me.

We trade by monetary value-- I figure what it would cost to quilt her quilts, and she figures what she would charge to bind mine, and we have a running total.

Depending on how fancy and dense she wants the quilting, it usually works out to about 4 quilts bound for every 1 quilted.

We are both really happy with this arrangement. She gets her quilts quilted; I get my quilts bound. WIN-WIN!!!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I think bartering is a wonderful idea. I need to get going on it. Thanks for reminding me :)

I recently bartered redoing a store-bought quilt in exchange for her digital camera. We were both happy.

I barter with my photographer all the time. I make some of her backdrops and other items to be used with her business and I get free photos of my boys and free photos of other items for my website. I agree--it's a win-win.
    Rose Hall

i have traded quilting for picture framing- house sitting/pet sitting, house work and many different things

Quote Originally Posted by sewingbysusan
    I have traded my sewing and quilting for baked goods, flower arrangements and haircuts. Anyone else?
    :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast