Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does anyone do family pictures on quilts?

Blog Entries
    how do you so this? so do you need a special printer, how do you set the ink in the fabric so it doesn't wash out?

if you'll do a search of the board you'll find LOTS of threads discussing this topic

you can purchase (made for printing) fabric printer sheets at some quilt shops, joannes, hobby lobby, ect...
    or you can purchase PFD fabric (prepared for dyeing)
    or you can prepare your own.
    you need an ink jet printer- a laser printer gets too hot...does not work well

you can purchase a liquid stuff called bubble jet set- follow the instructions on what ever product you try.

the ink needs to (cure) so set pics aside to dry for a few hours after printing- then heat set---
    some products work better than others...there are many tutorials...check them out! :)

Blog Entries
    years ago i actually took photos and fabric squares to a print shop that had the large pressing machine, the kind they use at t-shirt shops. she put several photos on the fabrics for me and i went home and cut them apart and made a memory quilt.
    the only thing i didn't do was wash my purchased squares in bubble jet set or purchase fabric already treated.

its a kit you can buy at staples or future shop even wal mart has a few very simple to do.

Blog Entries
    U can buy printer fabric at LQS U can also buy a special fabric spray at michaels u can use on any kind of fabric to transfer ink from pictures from ink printers.

Blog Entries
    Member dltaylor has done some amazing photo quilts. check out her profile :)