Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone do Inklingo? >

Does anyone do Inklingo?

Does anyone do Inklingo?

Old 10-03-2011, 03:19 AM

I just spent the entire weekend playing with Inklingo. Inklingo is a program on the web where you download your shapes and print them on the printer right onto your fabric. I had a lot of fun and it is very accurate and fast. I never hear of anyone on the board talking about this program. Does anyone else use Inklingo?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
I just spent the entire weekend playing with Inklingo. Inklingo is a program on the web where you download your shapes and print them on the printer right onto your fabric. I had a lot of fun and it is very accurate and fast. I never hear of anyone on the board talking about this program. Does anyone else use Inklingo?
I have never heard of Inklingo.. I will have to look it up. What part of Vermont are you from? My daughther lives in Mt. Pelier and her Fiance grew up in Barre. She worked in Stowe for a while....
Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 AM
MTS
Banned

Love it!!
I'm not a huge fan of hand-piecing - I think mostly because of the prep work needed (I'm very lazy ;-) ), but Linda's system/program makes it practically painless - and so less time consuming.

I think there is still a starter kit you can download for free - maybe the LeMoyne star (?) - to get a sense of how the program works (and how it can work for you).

http://inklingo.com/

eta: Yep, here's the free download-
http://lindafranz.com/shop/diamonds/...-free-shapes/7
Old 10-03-2011, 11:31 AM

I have dabbled in it. It is good for hand piecing which my sis does. I don't have much luck with the fabric adhering to the freezer paper. Any points for me?
Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM

Hi dakotamaid. I've been using Inklingo for about 4 years and love it. I have found that making the freezer paper adhere to the front of the fabric is very important to prevent paper jams. First, be sure to wash your fabric to get all the sizing out of it and do not use softening sheets if you put it in the dryer. When ironing the fabric to the freezer paper, be SURE you have no loose threads hanging out. Use a VERY hot iron and a firm ironing surface. Iron both sides firmly. On the Inklingo site, Linda has made Chapter 1 of the Inklingo Handbook free to all. Page 27 has good instructions for the above. I have made hand pieced quilts and also machine stitched quilts. It's a really fast and accurate way to make half square triangles. I also made a hexagon quilt much easier than the English paper piecing.