Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does anyone have the AccuQuilt Go?

the AccuQuilt Go? If so, do you like it? Is it worth the money?

Thanks, Sharon

I got it for christmas so haven't had alot of time to use it but I'll keep you all posted.

Instead of purchasing one, check around and see if any LQS have them to rent or use, then go try it out. There is a LA shop not too far from me that lets you use theirs--costs only $10/hour and they have lots and lots of shapes to use. I haven't yet used it, but I want to plan several quilts and go there to cut out the pieces. The clerk said that it goes really fast and I would want to get the most for the money. That would be a good way to check and see if you like using it enough to buy one for yourself.

Yes, I have one and I love it. The secondary expense you don't think about is the dies- they're not cheap! It comes with one that cuts 4" squares, 2 1/2" triangles and 2" squares. I bought a die that cuts 2 1/2" strips and it cost about $65 at my LQS. I have searched online and haven't found them discounted anywhere.

My LQS also offers the Studio Line one for "rent"- also at $10 an hour.

Blog Entries
    I've had the GO machine as soon as they were available. I would buy it again. DH and my kids know what to get me for gifts, prepaid cards for new dies. My next new dies will be the Drunkard Path and 1 1/2" strip dies. My favorite die has been the Tumbler die. I use it to cut my larger scraps into tumbler shapes.

I buy most of my dies at Bayside Quilting. It's usually free shipping and dies are on sale a lot.

http://www.baysidequilting.com/