Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have a Janome 9000?? >

Does anyone have a Janome 9000??

Does anyone have a Janome 9000??

Old 01-21-2009, 12:08 AM

I have someone offering to let me buy hers for $300 - I know, a great price, BUT she says the fuse keeps blowing out and she has to replace it often. Do you know if this is an issue with this machine? What will this cost if I take it to a dealer to check out the problem? Any clue?

Is this a hidden, very expensive repair?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by purplemem
I have someone offering to let me buy hers for $300 - I know, a great price, BUT she says the fuse keeps blowing out and she has to replace it often. Do you know if this is an issue with this machine? What will this cost if I take it to a dealer to check out the problem? Any clue?

Is this a hidden, very expensive repair?
I have a 9000, never had any issues with it, I would take it, thats a great price, then have it serviced probably something and nothing :D
Old 01-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Administrator

i found one online that sells for around $1,200 new. so the answer to your question depends on several things:

1. WHY does the fuse keep blowing? Does it mean that what's really needed is replacement of a very expensive part? Since you wouldn't be buying machine from an authorized dealer, you'll have NO warranty protection. ALL repair costs will come out of your pocket.

2. Are you willing to buy piles at a time of spare fuses so you can replace them as they blow, just as you would needles?

3. Will this machine keep you otherwise happy for at least a few years?

4. Do you have a fire extinguisher you can keep nearby?

although i admire Janome in general (and own a different model that i LOVE to pieces), this particular model doesn't impress me - especially considering the price of a new one. the sewing area and maximum embroidery field are very small.

i'd accept the machine as a gift, but wouldn't pay for it. your costs along the road could soon amount to more than the cost of a new one.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 AM

I have a Janome 9000 plus two other Janome machines. That particular machine is easily 15 yrs old. My machine has never given me an ounce of trouble and can not imagine why it keeps blowing fuses. It takes embroidery cards which are no longer available at the dealers as they have upgraded to the newer machines and most designs can be purchased off the internet. I personnelly would put that $300. towards a newer machine. Marge
Old 01-21-2009, 05:33 AM

I would call a dealer and ask what they think !
Old 01-21-2009, 07:17 AM

I just googled the Janome 9000 and read some reviews about it. They are mixed but the main thing is that some had main circuit board problems and it was very expensive to fix. You could buy a new machine for what it costs. It also said that there were no updates or cards because they are obsolete.

http://www.epinions.com/reviews/hmgd...ory_Craft_9000
Old 01-21-2009, 08:09 AM

Thank you for all your advice. I have decided NOT to purchase this used machine. I only want a machine to make quilting labels, I have no intention of making lots of intricate designs, etc.

Any suggestions for under $400???

Thanks,
MJ
Old 01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

My husband suprised me one year with a janome 9000. It is a nice machine but way more then I needed. I feel bad he spent so much money and I dont use it. My best answer is not to buy the used machine with problems and buy a machine for what you need.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:28 AM

What about the brother SE 350? It embroiders with a 4X4 inch frame and also connects to your computer with an additional ped basic. I have seen them at Walmart for $379. I don't have this machine but have thought about it.

Debbie