Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have a sewing machine tote with wheels >

Does anyone have a sewing machine tote with wheels

Does anyone have a sewing machine tote with wheels

Old 07-14-2012, 05:45 PM

Default Does anyone have a sewing machine tote with wheels

I have had one for several years that I got at Joann's. The last time I used it the wheels broke off of it.
I have been looking for one, but wow, they are much more expensive than the one I got at Joanns.if you gave one, can you tell me where you purchased it.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:52 PM

I have one that I bought on Craigslist for $15. It is the same one being sold at Joanns for $80 now. You should check your local CL for one, you might get lucky, too. She just wanted to get rid of it since she didn't sew anymore.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

I got mine at Hancock on sale for $50 (ish).
Old 07-14-2012, 06:11 PM

I have a Hemline set that I got at Joann online with a half off coupon, but it's for my large machine which I now leave at home. I'm looking for a smaller one too. My friend has one she got at Joann and it came with these separate canvas folders that are awesome. They haven't had it lately, but if you can find one, it's a pretty cool case.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:23 AM

I have one. Too bad you don't live closer, I'd sell you mine for cheap. I don't ever use it.
I just bought a wheelie cart to take my machine - and all of my loot - at one time in to my sewing groups. http://www.harborfreight.com/materia...cart-5107.html
I picked it up on sale - like it is now - and used a 20% off coupon and was able to score it for $33 including tax. I love, love love my cart... but then I have a mini van so I can just put it in the back.
Before I got my cart, I felt like a pack mule. I'd have my wheelie case for my machine, with stuff hanging off of that and I'd have bags and rulers and mats and ironing boards and.. yes, it would take me at least two trips to go in to my sewing days - but to use that cart, you'd have to have a way to haul it in your car. It's small enough I bet it would fit in a back seat or trunk though.

Two members of our guild have this type of hauling... http://www.harborfreight.com/24-x-36...uck-68894.html
It folds flat so it can be put behind your seats or whereever in your car. I have read that the rubber mat on it does not hold up well but if you are only using it to haul your loot, I doubt it would be put through the ringer as quickly as a moving company would
Old 07-15-2012, 03:42 AM

I've gotten two of them from Hancock Fabricks on sale for 29. Make sure though that along with the plastic pull out handle it also has strap handles to pick it up with. My first one didn't and it was really hard carrying it up stairs and eventually pulled away from frame. Now I just have to find a place to get one for my Ruby that isn't too expensive. Viking bags are out of my league. I did go a head and get the one for the embroidery arm so it would be protected but will try to get one cheaper for the machine; until then I carry it when I NEED to take it to class.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM

Before I started sewing I bought this to carry around supplies for my cupcake decorating party business. It would be fabulous for a sewing tote too, though. It has two parts so if you have a lot of stuff you can fit everything, but it snaps apart if you don't need all the space. http://www.midwestscrapbook.com/artb...lack-grey-red/ It was a bit on the expensive side, but it is super convenient, especial for those times when I have to carry it instead of wheeling it. The two compartments mean I can carry it separately, sparing my back the heavy lifting...
Old 07-15-2012, 04:35 AM

I had one from joanne's that broke on the handle so.... i took all the hardware off. It took a wee bit of doing and a good long screwdriver but it got done. Then I purchased a collapsible dolly with a bottom and telescoping handles. It was the kind one used to have to carry luggage that did not have wheels. That and buggy cords fixed the problem. Now my bag can go where I go.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:36 AM

Sorry...that was meant to be "bungey cords"
Old 07-15-2012, 05:41 AM

My last ad from Joanns had a 50% off coupon. I think it is good for another week or so. That would bring down the cost for you. If your not on their mailing list it is worth it. They have 40% and 50% coupons all the time.