Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have these tables (from Nancy's Notions)?

Does anyone have these tables (from Nancy's Notions)?

Just wondering about these add-on tables for those of us who are short on space. I like the fact that they are easily collapsible and can be stored away with the main table when not in use. Has anyone tried them?

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/sewers+station.do

Blog Entries
    I paid $40 for the 6' at Walmart. You can get 2 small tables for $15.00. Much more sturdier and they fold like a tv tray.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    I paid $40 for the 6' at Walmart. You can get 2 small tables for $15.00. Much more sturdier and they fold like a tv tray.
    You can also get wooden tv trays for $10.00 15"x 19" Attach an ironing pad to it and you're ready.

I'm sorry... I wasn't talking about the "main table" (the folding plastic table), I meant the attached tables that Nancy sells. One is the pressing surface and the other is the cutting surface. They attach to the plastic table with (what looks to be) a very sturdy bolt and have their own legs. I have plenty of the plastic tables and thought these might be a nice addition.

I don't have those tables. I don't think I would buy them, they look kind of flimsy to me. I like my ironing board and my cutting table for ironing and cutting surfaces.

Blog Entries
    A quilting friend of mine bought one, after knowing how sturdy the table was, she bought another one.
    Very easy to attach and very sturdy and stable. She hasn't regret her buy yet.
    She is very pleased with it.
    ♥♥♥ Loving Mama ♥♥♥

If life gives you scraps, make an angel quilt out of it!

I am VERY short on space. I have a wood TV tray from a yard sale - $5. I put a small cutting mat on it when I need to trim lots of little things (pp'ing comes to mind) or wad up an old towel and use it for a pressing surface when that need arises. Folds up flat and stores next to my sewing table out of the way when not in use. Works for me.

Don't listen to reviews from someone that does not have or use or seen them in use. lovingmama review is spot on.
    I love my life!

I have a similar one to those, but is more like the one pictured here. http://www.wineberryfabrics.com/wf/w...de-by-bob.html Unfortunately at the moment it doesn't fit my sewing desk at home, but is perfect for extra space at a retreat!

I have two wooden TV trays at my sewing table. I covered one with batting and pillow ticking for an ironing space, and I glued a rotary cutting mat on the other. The are totally portable and fold up for easy storage. At $10 each, I could justify the expense.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast