Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does anyone know the measurements of king sized pillowcases?

I'm making a quilt for my granddaughter. She and her new husband have a king sized bed and use two king sized pillows. I want to make matching pillow cases for her but don't know the measurements. I don't own a king size bed or pillows. I figure any pillowcases I find in a store will be in plastic packages that I won't be able to open without purchasing them.

So if any of you have a king sized pillow case, would you measure it and tell me how big it is.... in inches? Thanks

Here's a picture of the progress I'm making on the quilt.... almost half done with the blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    If you live near them, go measure the pillows themselves, not the cases. I have king pillows, and even the high end ones are too darn small. I have to actually cram them into the cases. So I always buy an extra flat sheet and make my own. You could measure the ones they have, and ASK if they are too small for their pillows. Then add 2 or 3 inches wide and long.

Blog Entries
    Can't help with the pillow! But would love the name of the block in the quilt! :)

The pillowcases I have are 19 in wide and 40 in long finished size and they fit my pillows OK and I have several sets of king pillows but I would make them an ectra inch or so longer and wider.

Thanks Mommamac. I've printed off the instructions and it has the sizes. I've done pillow cases before... just not king size.

Jamh, the pattern is called darting minnows. I got it from a Leisure Arts book called, "Encyclopedia of Classic Quilt Patterns". I love that book.... such pretty quilts.

Ramona, they live 750 miles away.... they are newly married and don't have a tape measure handy. I could send her one but I'm too impatient...

Vhiggason... thanks.... looks like the pattern that mommamac pointed me towards calls for a king size of 21" x 42". That fits exactly what you said.

Thanks to all of you..... I can do this!!