Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know what this is?

Does anyone know what this is?

I have searched high and low in my sewing machine manuals and on the internet. Also on the Brother website. I can't figure out what this part is for! The good news is I found a walking foot so I am very happy about this. I have two Brother embroidery sewing machines and an Elna Lock serger. I don't know if this part goes to one of my machines. I assumed it came with one of the Brother's but can't be sure. Do any of you know what this part is used for?

Thanks,

Sande
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    I don't have any idea but now I want to know too!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Power Poster
    ​It looks like it might be to adjust the width on the stitches pictured? I have no idea what machine it would fit or how you would use it.

OMG! I found another sewing manual for my Brother PC-7000 Pacesetter sewing machine! And guess what, the part is pictured in the manual as a Side Cutter to be used with presser foot "S"! I guess that solves that mystery!

Sande

Power Poster
    Glad you found the sewing manual - amazing how much info is in there! Especially when one reads them!

That should make your day - and now we know what it is, too!

I'm so glad you found out what it is, should be directions for using it. I keep my acessories for each machine seperate.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Could you show us a picture of it mounted on your machine? I can't quite visualize where it would go. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Please show a picture of it installed. I'm just not seeing it.

You are right, it is a side cutter. Back in the day, Brother advertised that they had a sewing/serger combo. This attachment was the "serger" part.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
    You are right, it is a side cutter. Back in the day, Brother advertised that they had a sewing/serger combo. This attachment was the "serger" part.
    That makes sense to me as you can clearly see the cutting blade attached to this piece. I knew it had something to do with serging because I could see the blade but it's so big that I can't quite picture it on the machine. Maybe the pic makes it look bigger than it actually is. Tks for finding out what it is though & letting us know. Curiosity gets me every time.
    Dance like no one is watching

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast