Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone own the book "I Believe by Art to Heart Nancy Halvorsen"? >

Does anyone own the book "I Believe by Art to Heart Nancy Halvorsen"?

Does anyone own the book "I Believe by Art to Heart Nancy Halvorsen"?

Old 10-25-2013, 02:50 PM

Default Does anyone own the book "I Believe by Art to Heart Nancy Halvorsen"?

I would like to know if there are actual patterns for the designs in this book or whether it uses pre printed fabric panels for the designs. I checked the internet and there is only one library in the US that has the book on the shelves. Any help you could provide would be most appreciated. I have seen several pictures of projects that reference it and would like to make one of them. It is over 90 miles to a local quilt store so I can't just buzz across town and look for the book.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:46 PM

I googled and got softexpressions.com. They show the pattern booklet and the panel. It states that the panel is not included. But you can call them on Monday (closed on weekends) and ask them about the products. If you need me to, PM me, as I want to go there, just haven't come up with a good enough excuse yet to make me get out of the house. Depending on traffic, it can take up to 45 minutes to get there, but only about 15 miles away, so I think twice about going in that direction.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:10 PM

Also, you may be able to preview the pages on line - some of the on line vendors let you see some of the pages in the book before ordering. I know Connecting Threads does this and I think Chapters/Indigo does too. That may help get you an answer. Good luck!
GEMRM
Old 10-25-2013, 05:21 PM

Thanks to both of you. I have been all over the internet and had hoped to be able to find a site where I could preview the book to find the answer but so far no luck. I will give soft expressions a call and ask. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Banned

Write Nancy Halverson directly and ask or check Art to Art web site and ask.

Last edited by Holice; 10-25-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 PM

Here's a preview. The pictures are sort of small but if you mouse over them you can at least get an idea.

http://www.poppypatchwork.co.uk/I-Be...n-Art-to-Heart
Old 10-25-2013, 07:02 PM

I am asking Nancy's daughter in law right now. I have met Nancy and she is an awesome lady. Her son and his family live in my neighborhood. It looks to me like they are not specific panels, unless there are some that say "I Believe" or have specific pictures on. I went to her website, www.arttoheart.com and looked a little bit at it. Just googled I Believe fabric by Nancy Halvorsen, and it looks like it is pre-printed. I got this from the benartex website, (that is who she designs for or through) I Believe
Nancy’s done it again – an entire book full of projects designed to create wonderful Christmas memories for the entire family. All of the projects are made from her “I Believe” fabric collection from Benartex. The collection comes with a panel that can be cut apart and beautiful fabrics in holiday shades of scarlet, deep forest green and antique gold. You’ll want to make them all! This is from her daughter in law The book I Believe includes patterns by Nancy Halvorsen that can be created using whichever fabrics you would like. She did not use a panel in this book. Nancy created a separate pattern for the pre-printed panel from that fabric line that can be found in the small pattern book Believing Tree. You can go to our website www.arttoheart.com and find either one of those books. Would you please let me know at which library you found this available to borrow? Our books are not supposed to be available in libraries. If you have any other questions we are happy to help however we can. Our email address is [email protected].
Kind regards,
Kara
Art to Heart

Anyway, I hope this is helpful to you. Sorry it is such a long post.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:20 AM

Kara,
Thanks for going the extra mile to find an answer to my question! I did a search for the book on World Cat and there was only 1 library in the US that had the book. It was in Kentucky. I don't know if they lend the book or if it is just in their reference section. There was another copy in Canada somewhere. My local library will not do an inter library loan out of state so I know that there would be no possibility of obtaining a copy through the library system to take a look at. I will put the book on my Santa list for this year. Thanks again. Ann in TN
Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom View Post
Would you please let me know at which library you found this available to borrow? Our books are not supposed to be available in libraries.
I'm curious - why are the books not supposed to be available in libraries? What happens if the book was donated to the library? Do you require the library to discard the book?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:44 AM

I haven't asked Nancy or Kara about this, but I think when books are donated to the library, most people don't go out and buy them. I know her daughter in law told me that if they were in the library, it would really put them out of business. I work at a library, and I find that I use the quilt books, and if I really like them, then I go out and buy them. I also know that if you are teaching a class with one of her books, each student needs to have their own book. I would think if they were donated to a library, most libraries would put them in a book sale. These are just my thoughts. I will ask Kara or Nancy if you would like me to.

Kathy
hsquiltingmom