Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone own a Viking "Mega Quilter"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mytwopals
    I have the Pfaff equivalent, both the Viking and Pfaff are built by Janome. It's a very nice machine for FMQ or as a first machine for a frame. I have mine on a frame.
    Thank you! I'm still debating! Some say they have problems with the tension and breaking thread.

I, too, have the MegaQuilter on a frame. Since learning to use it, I wouldn't part with it. It's a reasonably priced alternative to a longarm, or having someone else quilt your quilts!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Bird
    I, too, have the MegaQuilter on a frame. Since learning to use it, I wouldn't part with it. It's a reasonably priced alternative to a longarm, or having someone else quilt your quilts!
    Thank you for the info. Seriously considering the Viking!

Hi Calico Grammy,
    I found this site awhile ago and I'm still hoping to find someone local to build this for me. If you have hubby/friend/son who's handy in the workshop, this looks like a great way to have a machining frame for a reasonable price. If you decide on the Viking hope you'll post how you like it.
    Good luck!

OOOPS! Sorry! Forgot to put the link in: http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/resquib3/index.html

I have a Mega Quilter and it is a real work horse. It Free Motion Quilts beautifully, just glides over the fabric.

I have it on the original Inspira frame and I'm not great at frame quilting. Stippling and Loopies are my best.

I would recommend the machine

I have the Pfaff equivalent, both the Viking and Pfaff are built by Janome. It's a very nice machine for FMQ or as a first machine for a frame. I have mine on a frame.
    The Viking is built by Janome? Is that right? :?:

Yes that's right. They are all the same machine under wolf's clothing :).

I just purchased the Viking Megaquilter and an Imperial Frame. I am very new to quilting. I got the machine first and did some practicing before putting it on the frame. I did read about people having tension and thread breaking problems so I was afraid to get it. Let me tell you that it sews like a champ. No problems with thread or breaking. I put it on the frame and did free motion and it sews beautifully. No problems with tension or thread so far. I just love it! I bought mine at Joann too. It came with a free motion foot but not a walking foot. Good Luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMo
    The Viking is built by Janome? Is that right? :?:
    Yes. It's identical to the Janome 1600P. And the Janome 1600P has a 1/4" hopping foot, which can be purchased and is like the feet used for ruler work on the expensive longarm machines. I plan to purchase one and try it out on my Pfaff in the near future.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast