Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone recognize this block?

Blog Entries

Does anyone recognize this block?

I am using this block in a row-by-row exchange and I need to know the name of it. Originally I was planning to make a different block and cut out the pieces and made half-square triangels - bottom line - I didn't like the block so I started rearranging the pieces and came up with this pinwheel block. It's not entirely pinwheels though and I've looked to see if I could find the block anywhere else that is exactly like this one. No luck so far. Does it look familiar to anyone else? I need to include a note about the block I made and would like to give it it's proper name. Thank you for any help you can provide!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don't know but I like it. I wish I could see it connected to more of the same block to see what it wouldl look like in a quilt.

It looks like a pinwheel block. I don't know the name of the other one, but you could figure out how to make it by looking at it, and if you place it like in the picture, you would have the pattern. You might find the other block on www.quilterscache.com

check out this page http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore42.html and look at the block called Cotton Reels. by switching the triangles and the solid squares you would have the block. Hope it works for you.

I can see a pinwheel block, don't know what the other is. It will make a beautiful quilt.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

It's a neat block - I just noticed the third pinwheel hiding in the middle.
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

Blog Entries
    oh isn't that interesting? looks like 3 pinwheels from left down to right bottom. I like it but have no name.

I think you made an original block. Name it what ya want.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

It's obviously a pinwheel, so just go ahead and call it"original pinwheel." I know, we aren't being helpful as to your question, but I've never seen it. Hope someone knows. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. You may be right - it's an original! I've looked everywhere. The closest I've come in similarity is the four-patch pinwheel block, but it doesn't have the pinwheel in the center.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast