Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone recognize this plug??

Does anyone recognize this plug??

I purchased this lamp several years ago, & was going to plug it in - until I was this plug

Does anyone know what kind of plug it is? Can it be used with an adapter??

I am not sure how to even remove the glass ball.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    I would take it to either an antique store or a lighting store and see what they know. I had a friend that bought a lamp at a barn sale for $4 and it needed a shade. She took it to a professional lamp shade store (yes, they have them!) and she found out it was an antique lamp worth over $400! I don't think she would have gotten this information if she didn't go to the specialty store.

Love the lamp by the way, I am so into vintage and kitschy!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    That plug is European. You can take it to a lamp store and have it re-wired for American electricity.

As for the glass ball, my first thought is there should be some small screws in the metal plate that unscrew and release the ball, but I don't see any in your picture. Maybe the ball simply unscrews? Or maybe there is a spring inside holding the ball. The light in my laundry room looks similar, it has a spring clamp, and you simply pull the globe out of the fixture to change the bulb.
    Last edited by Peckish; 12-31-2011 at 09:10 AM.

I agree - looks European to me.

That is definitely a plug from a European country. I lived in Spain for three years and then the London area for four years and the lamps in the houses I rented had the same type of plug. I had to use adapters for all of my American plugs.

Proud to have served 20 years in the Navy!

The plug is for 220 volts here in the US we use 110 volts. there are adapters to use but Usually the device won't work here.
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    they're all right, it's DC and there are converters... they are better than they used to be...should be fine...try a travel store if you can't find one at home depot...

Thank you for the information - will definitely take it to a speciality shop - there are no screws to release the glass ball - I'm afraid to try pulling it off - ball looks delicate - would hate to break it.
    Thanks again for your help

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kayluvs2quilt View Post
    That is definitely a plug from a European country. I lived in Spain for three years and then the London area for four years and the lamps in the houses I rented had the same type of plug. I had to use adapters for all of my American plugs.

Proud to have served 20 years in the Navy!
    Thank you for your 20 years of service.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

looks similar to one my sister bought in Germany. She got an adapter for it on the base there so it could be used in the US. Hope you can get it switched over. It's a beautiful lamp.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast