Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Does black Kona Cotton Bleed?

I have some black Kona cotton from Joanns....I am using it in a large quilt and don't want to wash it if I don't have to. Has anyone had any problem with the BLACK bleeding?

Blog Entries
    I have never had it bleed, but I would definitely use color catchers with the finished quilt.

I pre wash all my material except for Jelly Rolls. The black Kona did not bleed as I remember, but be sure to use a color catcher just in case

I have used the black with no problems.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Have used it for decades and never had a problem.

Jan in VA

Good new!! Thanks. I am leaving on a trip and want to get some hand applique ready to do and I sure don't want to take time to wash too. I knew I would have a quick and accurate answer here! You all are GREAT!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasureit
    Good new!! Thanks. I am leaving on a trip and want to get some hand applique ready to do and I sure don't want to take time to wash too. I knew I would have a quick and accurate answer here! You all are GREAT!
    I'm glad you asked your question!!! I have some black Kona cotton that I will be using for a block exchange. We are not to wash our fabrics. Difficult for me because I nearly always wash mine. :? Because the color is so deep I was concerned that it would bleed. Glad to hear good comments about it from everyone who has used it!

Have a wonderful trip!!! :thumbup: Be sure to show us pics of your applique work when you can!!! We'd certainly love to see it! ;)

Blog Entries
    none of the colors i've used have bled. those include black, two different shades of red, crayola green, midnight blue, and deep purple.