Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: dogs

Does anyone know where I can get fabric of JUST Lab. dogs? I have a commission for a shirt of just Labrador dogs. This is a custom made shirt & the lady is really into Labs.
    I found some somewhere, but can't remember where. Thought I had ordered it, but it has been 2 weeks now, & still don't have it. LOL.
    Anyone else ever done such a dumb thing?
    I also have had a commission for OLD gas pump print fabric. Have looked all over & still can't find it, either.
    Thanks all for all of your help
    Billie

Try:
    www.gointothedogs.com

They have "labs on cream"

Also:

www.jandofabrics.com

about half way down dog fabric - labrador retrievers and pups

I googled Labrador Retriever Fabric and came up with an E Bay site.

http://search.express.ebay.com/Crafts___Labrador-Retriever_W0QQ_kwZLabradorQ20RetrieverQQProductTyp e42be380bZFabric7cf868c5

Take a look and see if anything fits the bill. At our house, black Labrador Retrievers are high on the list of favorites. We have two right now, Abby and Molly. Good luck on your project.

here is a neat gas station with old trucks and coke
    http://www.myletteringshop.com/servlet/the-44/COCA-COLA--RARE/Detail

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    http://www.hotdiggitydog.com/dogs.htm
    Thank you for your time & trouble looking this site up for me. When I checked it out, I about choked as what I was looking for is $10.80 a yd. That is a little spendy for me, as I only charge $50.00 a shirt. My profit went down immensly (sp). LOL

Billie

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Also:

www.jandofabrics.com

about half way down dog fabric - labrador retrievers and pups
    Confound it! Now you really went & did it. By the time I got off this site I am almost $100.00 lighter in my wallet.
    Not too bad for 2 shirts that will sell for $50.00 ea. & 2 panels for babies tops. OOOps I for got to get backing. Shucky darn. LOL
    Billie

Thank you each & everyone that took the time & trouble to help me out. Sometimes it's a little hard to ask for help!! But I just knew you people would come through for me.
    Billie

I saw some lab material at jo ann fabrics. although it has been a while, I remember seeing it because I almost bought some as I too am in love with labs. and have one. the gas pumps I haven't seen. but jo-anns has some real cute material I bought john deere material and things like that.
    I love shopping at jo-anns
    good luck

[quote=Billie G]
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Thank you for your time & trouble looking this site up for me. When I checked it out, I about choked as what I was looking for is $10.80 a yd. That is a little spendy for me, as I only charge $50.00 a shirt. My profit went down immensly (sp). LOL

In my opinion, I'm glad you didn't waste your money. I purchased Airedale fabric from this site and wasn't impressed. The dog heads are simply 'stamped' over and over again on the fabric. Quite frankly, I didn't see anything attractive about it and I bought two yards.