Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: From Don-isewman--A ??? for anyone/everyone

I take mine to a local knife shop that actually makes knives and he sharpens them for me at a $1 a piece.

Wow lots of good information here. I learn something every time I'm here.

I have the Tru Cut sharpener. I do the required 30sec on one side, then flip it over, 30 sec on the other, then flip it back for a further 30 sec. The blade is so sharp it will slice through wood. I always keep it nice and sharp, saves a lot of time than messing around with a dull blade. I never save a blade with a nick in it, it will never cut properly again.

Blog Entries
    I have the Tri-Sharp and have used it for at least a decade. I love it and when my blades have been sharpened several times and get old, I transfer them to paper cutting function. I recommend the Tri-sharp; I don't buy blades very often.
    Life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it!

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...B39953D668.png

Blog Entries
    Make several cuts on aluminum foil. That's a cheeper method of sharpening your cutter

I love my Tru-Cut sharpener. I ordered mine online from them and bought the more expensive model. I have cut my blade purchases in half and never have to cut with a dull blade. I'm just very careful handling the naked blades.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

I have not found the sharpeners to be worth the trip to the store to buy them, never mind the ridiculous amount of money they cost. I have tried 2 of my own and one of a friend, and none were in any way satisfactory.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

QM
    I have one. Actually 2, because I mislaid the first. It works quite well when DH uses it and hardly at all when I do. The difference, I suspect, is that he puts more muscle behind it. He prefers that I buy the generic from jhittle.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4