Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Donna Poster's Foldy Stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dungeonquilter
    I probably have a recording of that episode of Simply Quilts. Can have a look over the weekend and maybe post some better instructions.
    Ok I went to the Simply Quilts episode listing and it was # 307....just gives a description but I did found this web site.....
    http://quiltwithdonna.com/foldystuffpagea.html
    hope this helps

hmm tried to delete the second link but when i go to update its not there-sorry I got carried away.
    hmmm now that I posted my last sentence the second link isn't showing...I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Baby Yow
    Wow pretty! I just checked out Donna's site..before I jump in,,,are they really hard?? I mean how would u rate skill level needed.. I am a BEginner for sure!
    beginners would do well, they're really easy, but I did feel they over used the amount of fabric that the pattern could really be made for.

I have the pineapple foldy stuff pattern and it is very easy. I will have to dig it out tho to see if I still have the instructions. I am sure I do and will be glad to fax or mail to you. It is time consuming but very pretty. I am not sure how to quilt it tho. Anybody know? I have only made small stuff not a quilt and I did not use any batting.

Bev
    I'm wondering how they quilted Log Cabins and the Pineapple variation way back in the olden days. Did they really quilt them or simply tie them. People seem to be wondering a lot about quilting the Donna Poster ones. Does anybody know? 8-)

A friend did the log cabin it turned out very pretty. You sure don't need any batting with a foldy quilt.

I have searched through my tapes, and I don't have that episode.

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by dungeonquilter
    I have searched through my tapes, and I don't have that episode.
    Thank you for going to all that trouble. I think I've found someone who is able to get it for me. I appreciate all the replies .

8-)

This looks interesting.
    Her`es a link to how its done.
    Have some grid might try log cabin.
    Gale http://quiltwithdonna.com/foldystuffpagea.html

Bev
    Quote Originally Posted by grma33
    This looks interesting.
    Her`es a link to how its done.
    Have some grid might try log cabin.
    Gale http://quiltwithdonna.com/foldystuffpagea.html
    Thank you! Nice of you to send it.

:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Bev View Post
    According to local gossip, they're so easy even a monkey could do them. However, I'm not sure where that leaves me. I actually haven't tried to do one yet. I'd like to see the technique demonstrated before I waste any fabric on one. Donna Poster is adament about not making a tutorial to demonstrate it to people like me. She says just jump right in and it'll work out for you. Not for this kid, sorry. :roll:
    I think my video tutorial is so easy that a monkey could watch it (but not make it). Here is a link to my video showing Donna Poster making her "Foldy Stuff." Very fun to watch, only five minutes long, but shows the sewing process from two angles so you can always see what's going on. Have fun. Here's the link:

http://vimeo.com/35897054

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3