Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Don't Like a Messy Sewing Room >

Don't Like a Messy Sewing Room

Don't Like a Messy Sewing Room

Old 02-05-2015, 05:10 PM

you are not a fusspot -lol. You sound like you like things neat-tidy and organized. Something that is a big wish for most of us.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:20 PM

I keep my space neat and tidy too. Can't work in a messy space. I have bins for projects and I have a little craft caddy thing that I keep all my frequently used notions and tools in, so they are sitting out right where I need them, but not all over the place. All my fabric is on boards in rubbermaid totes and everything has a place.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:51 PM

Can you come to my house? I spent last year working so many hours I ended up sick & spent two days in the hospital. Now as I look around my house & especially my sewing room/studio I really understand how long I was sick and how much i let things go. I can't find anything. Ii'd love too be nice and neat again.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:51 PM

I find I'm more productive when things are put away and organized. With that said, when I get going it looks like a fabric factory blew up in there. It's a no-win, constantly organizing situation.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:55 PM

I like neat and tidy too---Just never seems to stay that way LOL I don't put anything away until the top is done, I always have to go drag some thing again if I do, but fabric is neatly stacked at the end of counter templates, or anything else needed kept I small basket when I am not in the room If I don't do this and throw a sheet over all fabric my sewing partner just can't resist checking it out. LOL
Old 02-05-2015, 06:11 PM

I wish I was more organized all the time! I clean up my sewing room and then before I know it, it's messy again! I've got to change my ways and stay organized! Maybe this is just the motivation to do it! I know of a very wonderful man who has a saying "Just do it!"
Old 02-05-2015, 06:31 PM

I share my sewing room with my African grey parrot. EVERYTHING is put away when I am done for the evening. I've learned to be anal the hard way!! One time I left a pair of jeans that I has embroidered on top of the sewing machine. Went to work the next day - she is out of her cage ALL day while I'm at work - and she had picked out the leaves around the flower. That taught me to NEVER leave anything out!!
Old 02-05-2015, 08:26 PM

I think you are all right on!! You give me strength. Why do I waste my time fretting about the corner table being piled upon? I like it clean, but I am one side-tracked quilter!
Creativity just isn't always clean. ;-)
Just like beautiful isn't always pretty.
The kitchen is clean...
Old 02-05-2015, 08:29 PM

I also keep things really neat. I pick up most evenings after I finish for the day and never have more than one project out at a time. It makes me crazy if I walk in the room and things are out of order!
Old 02-05-2015, 10:40 PM

I clean my room at the end of each h project but it is messy again as soon as I start the next one. My husband says it can be clean or it can be used.