Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Dontcha just hate it when... >

Dontcha just hate it when...

Dontcha just hate it when...

Old 09-29-2010, 06:42 AM

How bout when you drop the spool of thread and the cat proceeds to play with it, wrapping it around the chair and table legs and anything else that gets in the way!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:41 PM

Been there done that. Just makes me wonder what world I woke up in that day.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by SueDor
Originally Posted by Linda B
Or when the bobbin runs out of thread and you are just a few inches from being finished.
This always happens to me. I wish they would put an alarm in the machine to let you know.
Mine has a flashing light and the machine stops to let you know your almost out.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:38 PM

This always happens to me. I wish they would put an alarm in the machine to let you know.[/quote]

Mine has a flashing light and the machine stops to let you know your almost out.[/quote]

My Viking stops when the bobbin gets just a few winds left on it and I see a message that I need to change the bobbin, it won't sew until I do. It's annoying sometimes as there is enough thread left to finish the seam.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
This always happens to me. I wish they would put an alarm in the machine to let you know.
Mine has a flashing light and the machine stops to let you know your almost out.[/quote]

My Viking stops when the bobbin gets just a few winds left on it and I see a message that I need to change the bobbin, it won't sew until I do. It's annoying sometimes as there is enough thread left to finish the seam.[/quote]

yea mine does that too - i wrap thread that it won't let me use on empty spool to use for mending etc. thread getting too expensive to waste!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 PM
np3
Power Poster

Laughing!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend

My Viking stops when the bobbin gets just a few winds left on it and I see a message that I need to change the bobbin, it won't sew until I do. It's annoying sometimes as there is enough thread left to finish the seam.[/quote]

I have a few Vikings and found that you can continue sewing a bit more if you don't touch any of the buttons. it will continue to beep at you and you just sew a bit more until the bobbin thread is almost empty.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:03 PM

I have a few Vikings and found that you can continue sewing a bit more if you don't touch any of the buttons. it will continue to beep at you and you just sew a bit more until the bobbin thread is almost empty.[/quote]

I have tried that and it doesn't work with my Sapphire 875,
it just stops and beeps at me . It won't sew anymore until I put another bobbin in it.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:26 AM

Just what we need -- machines that talk back to us.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:34 PM

Don't you hate it when you go to a class, with a full plastic case of bobbins, and a box of pins...and you proceed to drop the bobbin case and bobbins are rolling all over the floor in every direction, unwinding as they go, and while trying to pick up bobbins you tip over the box of pins and the lid comes off and they all spill out, and you didn't bring your magnet to class? You are definitely the center of unwanted attention. Ask me how I know.