Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dose anyone here collect old wooden spools of thread?

i collect old spools of thread. i was lucky enough to get them from 3 grandmas. along with them, the jar contained other notions of the time...snaps, needle books, loose pins and needles...and buttons!

Blog Entries
    I do, i do. I would love that!!!!!! Love those colors, so awesome. Ive got about 4-5 spools. Trying to get more.
    the minute people hear im collecting them they want to charge me $5 a spool. Crazy. Wanna swap something???????

Blog Entries
    Ive been haunting yard sales for them

Yes I do. I have the little Santa carved from a spool and can't for the life of me remember where it came from. I keep the spools in a jar for display. Some of the thread is so old it's not good anymore.
    I have a Coats Clark spool cabinet that I keep machine embroidery thread in but recently I spotted a spool cabinet for Belding thread that was a vertical cabinet with lots of glass. Really neat antique I that I had never seen before. very expensive too. I do remember using Belding thread which was very good.

Blog Entries
    What kind or ornaments are you making, im nosy, and i love ornaments.

I collect them, have a couple of old gallon jars full. Most of the thread is still good. I have used a couple of the large spools with not so good thread as door nobs for my fabric cabnet. Just coated the thread with Elmers glue, let dry. drilled hole in door and ran a 3 1/2 inch bolt through the spool and door. Works great and another deco for my room. LOL

Blog Entries
    What a great buy! Beautiful threads colors cool!!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful thread. I have only a few wooden spools from my mother. Love it!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Blog Entries

Wooden spools

Quote Originally Posted by Missus Fear View Post
    How neat! I don't collect them per se, but I have some spools of thread from when I was a little girl and my grandmother used to use and taught me with. Have a Talon color 330 hot pink color that I actually used recently and it's still in great shape, a Spun Dee 449.5, a Star mercerized from American Thread Co marked at 15 cents for the spool and a handful of JP Coats between 30 and 35 cents. They are probably worth not a lot, but they are worth millions to me!
    I read someplace, don't remember where, but that wooden spools are worth a lot of money, so I put all my wooden spools in a box with a note not to get rid of them .

Ohhhh swoon.... I have been looking for some... may I ask where you was able to purchase it? Is there a link? Thanks,Tricia

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast