Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Double wedding ring success >

Double wedding ring success

Double wedding ring success

Old 05-08-2015, 08:56 AM

I just watched the YouTube of kaye woods DWR.......it looks so much easier that way...has anyone here used that technique?
Old 05-08-2015, 09:07 AM

Ooo Dina lets hope so!
Mx
Old 05-08-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I amending my good thoughts that you get it in 7 days and not 21! Could happen.

Dina
Okay, I just read what I posted....and of course, I meant to say that I was sending my good thoughts....just let my fingers get away from me. My son just got a package from England that only took two days to get here. So maybe, maybe, you can really get the pattern and stencil in 7 days!! My fingers are crossed. (My son's package was a "free shipping" purchase, so he was really surprised to get it so soon. He was ready for a long wait. It was full of parts for his bike.)

Dina
Old 05-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

An adventurous project! You're off to a great start. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Your friend will be thrilled!
Old 05-12-2015, 05:06 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519467[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519468[/ATTACH]

Look what's just arrived!

I can't believe it came so quickly, I had settled in for a long wait but here it is. Just a shame I have to work right now, but I know what I will be doing this evening!

Much love
Mags
x
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 05-12-2015, 05:20 AM

I appreciate your story. Most of us have been there, done that. Becoming a quilter is a journey but it takes determination that you are going to do it!. It appears that you have been able to hone in on your 'problems' and work through them. I personally thought your comments about your work space were important. It seems that you are now equipped with information as to where to go for help such as this board, YouTube, etc. But I am like the others, anxious to see your finished quilt. Years ago, I had a friend who did a DWR with big fish in the centers of the rings. Plans sounded 'rather strange' to my traditional mind;however, when complete it was one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen. So, I join the anxious crowd to well wishers.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:57 AM

Thank you Purple, I do feel very determined! I think quilting is about determination, I love the history of quilting, the times they were made, the purpose and the women who sewed them. Those quilts that were made from scraps or sacks by women determined to keep their kin warm or to give as a treasured gift fascinate me. Yep, quilting for me is full of determination!
much love
Mx