Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: downloading embroidery designs

I am trying to download and save designs to use on a Brother Lb 6800 that has a usb port The ones I have tried say they are downloaded but either can't find them or can't open them. Does anyone have any instructions

You might have to unzip them once they're downloaded. As for finding them, when you download them, note what directory they're being downloaded to. Hope that helps.

How do you unzip them

hmmm i do not have a usb... but i have memory cards that i put into my machine.... to see them i have to have special software.... i use PED-BASIC

I use winzip. It unzips them. Also when you purchase the designs from Embroidery Library, you can have them emailed unzipped. I only order from a few companys and EL is one of my favorites. I also have software. 4D software.

You might have the wrong embroidery file type for your machine. I think Brother usually uses .pes files. You can download a temporary copy of Embird for free(a wonderful embroidery program) to convert the file type if that is the issue at www.embird.com.

You can pm me if you need more help.

Blog Entries
    I could never open files that I had sent to my email. Even after downloading winzip( free).Embrodery Library had a page giving downloading direction. Make sure you are getting right file type, have winzip, and embroidery software. I download mine to MY Documents, embroidery file.therer they go on USB to my machine.

Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    I could never open files that I had sent to my email. Even after downloading winzip( free).Embrodery Library had a page giving downloading direction. Make sure you are getting right file type, have winzip, and embroidery software. I download mine to MY Documents, embroidery file.therer they go on USB to my machine.
    Yep, Just like me.... :thumbup:

I use Winzip to unzip mine. No other special embroidery programs. The problem I first had with my machine not reading them was the wrong USB drive stick. My brother only takes certain sticks(Innovis 1200D). I had to go the brother website and print off the list of compatible sticks after that no problem at all. I also created special folders to keep track of the companys that I frequently buy from.
    Cindy

Thanks for all the suggestions and help. Hopefully I can make this work.