Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Drawbacks of grace eZ3 quilting frame?

I am considering buying a grace eZ3 quilting frame. Have you heard of any drawbacks?

Hitchcock

I have a grace A34. It's a fantastic purchase. Wish I'd bought it years ago. The assembly took quite a while, but I love the function of it. It's pretty neat that I can fold it up to put away, but very best of all is that I can tip the angle to work on it, which saves my neck. Grace was a wonderful company to work with too. I needed an extra piece of plastic tubing stuff (my fault), and they sent it promptly and free of charge. They have a great selection on their store on ebay. S.

Hi,

I made a Grace after finding instructions on the internet. It is a fantastic thing and while mine doesn't look as nice as theirs, I made mine long enough to fit a king size quilt with no problem. The drawback is that is will quickly dominate a room, so currently, my quilt circle has it in a huge room in the basement of our Congregation so ladies can work on a project there. It collapses nicely and tilts so your neck doesn't get stiff. I would recommend saving an old sheet or blanket to cover your work in progress. I also made a small hanging bag to hold whatever notions I needed from the frame.

L

Where did you find the pattern for the quilting frame - EZ3? I have a limited budget - what did it cost you to make it? Appreciate all info you have.
    Gael

Hi Gael,

I don't recall the exact website, but I do remember that I googled "make-it-yourself quilt frame" and 'like grace quilt', etc.

It cost about $75, including fabric to tack the back, batting, and front onto, springs, nuts, bolts, and heavy strapping to hold it all together. This was about 6 years ago, so it might be closer to $100 now.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8tchr4u
    Hi Gael,

I don't recall the exact website, but I do remember that I googled "make-it-yourself quilt frame" and 'like grace quilt', etc.

It cost about $75, including fabric to tack the back, batting, and front onto, springs, nuts, bolts, and heavy strapping to hold it all together. This was about 6 years ago, so it might be closer to $100 now.

http://www.beehivequilts.com/product/GraceFrame%20Kit

tim in san jose