Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: dream green quilt batting

Has anyone use this new batting from quilters dream made from recycled plastic bottles. I am taking a quilt to the quilters this weekend and they have it on sale. I am gonna need to buy batting and wondered about getting some of this? Thanks!!!

here's the web site http://www.quiltersdreambatting.com/dream-green.htm

Interesting.

This is just a form of poly. They have the same ingredients. The bottles are washed and chopped melted and pulled in to fine filament . You can't tell the difference between this and regular poly filling and batting

I read the information you posted it was very informative....every pound of this batting keeps 10 bottle out of the landfil :D

how do the prices compare

I have used the Dream Green batting and really liked it. Yes it quilts up just like polyester. The only difference I found it this doesn't slide quite at much as polyester.

If you are taking your quilt to a longarmer, you may want to ask them first if they will use this batting.

My LQS have started selling it. Very eco friendly!

Prices here in the UK, converted in $ for you:
    Crib - $7.78
    Twin - $14.50
    Queen - $19.74
    King - $29.01

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    This is just a form of poly. They have the same ingredients. The bottles are washed and chopped melted and pulled in to fine filament . You can't tell the difference between this and regular poly filling and batting

I read the information you posted it was very informative....every pound of this batting keeps 10 bottle out of the landfil :D

how do the prices compare
    pretty favorably. about a dollar or two higher, but it's hard to find. the company lists the lqs that carry it, but most only carry the cotton or wool by the same manufacurer.

Blog Entries
    you can buy all of the quilter's dream products at lower prices if you're able to buy in bulk. here's where i go:

http://www.quilternatives.com/Quilte...m_Batting.html

i've switched almost entirely to cotton batting, but here's the link specifically to the recycled poly. i will probably try some soon since crashnquilt says it slips less than regular poly batting. it's the slipping that drove me away.:
    http://www.quilternatives.com/Quilte...d_Batting.html

her prices include shipping. if you find yourself out of batting and between 40-50% off sales at some of the other common sources, this is where you can consistently save a lot of money. her customer service is awesome, too. :-)

patrice

that is a fantastic price for anyone who can use multiples. for me it's better that a roll, better than singles.

great buy!