Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
dream world sew table >

dream world sew table

dream world sew table

Old 09-30-2014, 09:53 AM

Default dream world sew table

I have been looking at the dream world extension table for my little Janome. I can't afford a second sewing cabinet. I am quilting on one machine and piecing on the other but so used to that flat surface I am not liking this. On the other hand with the extension my hands will still be reaching up not down flat. Would appreciate comments from anyone who has this.
Thanks
Old 09-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

I have the sew-steady/dream world extension table for my Viking & like it. The down side, as you mentioned, is that it's really not ergonomic because the machine & table are up higher than an built in model.
If you piece on one, then quilt on the other can you not just get an insert for the Janome for your current cabinet, piece your quilt, then switch the machine you use in the cabinet to quilt it? Or do you have multiple projects and are piecing & quilting, at the same time (but not simultaneously )
Old 09-30-2014, 10:37 AM

Hi Evelyn,

Another thought is to buy a sewing cabinet from the thrift store for $10 to $20. Then it would be the right height, but you'd probably have to get an insert made.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:04 AM

I have an extension table for 3 of my machines - my Husqvarna, Europro and Janome 6600. The Husqvarna is also my embroidery machine - so don't use it. My Janome came with a table which is much better, but I keep the extension table in the travel carrier. (I did use it when I was taking classes on how to use it.) My Europro is my travel machine and I like the table. Have thought about getting one for my FW. It is so hard to work on the small area. I would really love to get the FW table - but honestly do not have the space to use it. And it would be too much to take on vacation. (As it is my husband thinks I crazy for taking a sewing machine, he would go nuts if I wanted to take a table too.)

When I use the extension table it is while I am away from home and most settings are not ergonomically correct, so I don't sew for prolonged periods of time. That is when I make sure I get up and down a lot.

I would recommend getting one - it is so much better than just that small space.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:06 PM

My Sapphire Q is in a cabinet and a quilt is in it as I am machine quilting and piecing another quilt top together on my Janome. I can't do one thing for long periods of time so one in one room and one in another.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:09 PM

I have my janome on a card table and just need something so I think that based on above remarks I will order one.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:27 PM

I'd save up for a second cabinet. Nothing can replace a large flat surface for free motion quilting. Your hands and wrists will thank you for it!
Old 09-30-2014, 02:50 PM

it is just for piecing and only fmq on my husqvarna. that is why I think this will work. just sewing blocks together.